What would you do if this happened to your child?

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For one, I wouldn’t have been so hysterical, because yes she was hysterical. She doesn’t know how to keep her shit together so I would imagine her daughter doesn’t either.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 am
Smarties wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am Side question, but do most non-sexually active 15 year old girls get exams like this by gynecologists? I definitely didn't.
I was just thinking the same thing, unless there was an ongoing problem but then wouldn’t you make sure you were seeing a dr familiar with your issues not some random stand in?
My 20 year old goes for birth control yearly (to control her periods) and they do a breast exam but nothing below the belt because she’s not sexually active. They told her 21 or sexually actively is standard and then every 3 years for a pap unless there are abnormalities. Before 18 any issues were handled by her pediatrician.

Precisely my thoughts. Unless the girl had some unusual issues, she wouldnt be having an examination like this by a gynecologist. And if she did have some kind of problems, she would likely need to see the doctor that was familiar with her.

What you're saying about ages is what I've heard as well.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am
Smarties wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:36 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:35 am The police wont be able to do anything. While the doctor was in the wrong this mom is also going crazy. It makes her lose a lot of validity

I'm questioning whether this story is true or made up.
It is probably fake. I would like to say that no mother is that unintelligent and dramatic but this website and CM before proved me wrong with that line of thinking
I'd say no doctor is that stupid to say that shit to a teenager. Maybe once upon a time. Maybe 30 years ago, but with today's climate they know she'll post it, tell her mother, the world and the hammer of justice will fall on their heads. These days if my own brother wrote something serious to me on Facebook messenger I'd call him just to verify the story. There's far too much fake news out there and far too many scams. Besides, and I don't know if every ped does this, but I have to be present for my son's exams even though he's nearly 16.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't believe this for one second.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah this didn't happen
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 am
Smarties wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am Side question, but do most non-sexually active 15 year old girls get exams like this by gynecologists? I definitely didn't.
I was just thinking the same thing, unless there was an ongoing problem but then wouldn’t you make sure you were seeing a dr familiar with your issues not some random stand in?
My 20 year old goes for birth control yearly (to control her periods) and they do a breast exam but nothing below the belt because she’s not sexually active. They told her 21 or sexually actively is standard and then every 3 years for a pap unless there are abnormalities. Before 18 any issues were handled by her pediatrician.

Precisely my thoughts. Unless the girl had some unusual issues, she wouldnt be having an examination like this by a gynecologist. And if she did have some kind of problems, she would likely need to see the doctor that was familiar with her.

What you're saying about ages is what I've heard as well.
Also every male gynecologist I’ve ever been to has always had a female nurse in the room during the physical part of the exam. Even if you checked no on the form asking if you want a nurse in the room. I know not every single one does this but it seems more common than not.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, teenaged girls should be getting a check up whether they are sexually active or not. My daughter asked me to go in with her for several years before she got comfortable with the procedure although she had a great OBG/YN. I think you should be able to ask for someone to accompany you at any time. That guy was a jerk to be sure.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

#1 - I have a hard time believing this is even true.

#2 - I have a hard time commenting on something that happened in a country that I know nothing about their cultural and norms.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:44 am I would have accidentally kicked him in the mouth if I were laid back with feet in the stirrups.....shrugs

You can file a complaint with your state licensing board and medical board. If you feel like the insult or behavior was directed at her because of her gender or age, you can file a civil complaint with the office of civil rights with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The US Dept of Health and Human Services isn't going to give a shit about something that happened in Spain.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nurses don’t stay in the room anymore. I have a male doc and there’s always another person in the room during an exam.

Anyway, what he said was inappropriate but not to the level of calling the police and pressing charges. I would switch doctors and be present at future exams.
Locked Previous topicNext topic