Unvaccinated boy nearly died from tetanus. The cost of his care was almost $1 million.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Okay, I’ll rephrase. 🙄
Doesn’t that mean you -do- vaccinate?
HanSolo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:19 pm
Anonadon wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:18 pm Wouldn’t that mean you’re not technically an anti-vaxer? 😜
HanSolo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:57 pm
I don’t vaccinate but when my dd needed stitches we went to the hospital and she got a tetanus shot.
I don’t label myself. I’m not a sheep.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The parents! They were told to give him a second shot and they refused! It’s appalling.
Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:28 pm Do you mean the parents refused to give him another dose or that the hospital refused to give him another dose?

It’s rather confusing when some people say they don’t vaccinate— because we know parents don’t vaccinate- the clinic’s medical personnel vaccinates kids !
🤪

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:39 pm And what’s shocking is that they refused to give him another dose of the vaccine! I guess having to cough up a million bucks and seeing your kid knocking on death’s door and in extreme pain isn’t enough to knock sense into some people...
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

he had no tetanus toxin in his cultures -- this case was from two yrs ago, and only surfaced due to the climate on vaccies.... this case was clinically diagnosed, not lab verified. Is that scientific or based on the feelings of the doctors?

But no-one talks about the fully vaccinated American girl a year before, who had tetanus which lasted 6 months:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27301930
The patient received all her vaccinations in the USA; her last vaccination was 6 years ago. The case was unusual because the patient had received all standard vaccinations, had no defined port of entry at disease onset, and had symptoms lasting for 6 months.
Or the adult with protective tetanus antibody levels:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24211286
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why am I not shocked that you’re trying to dismiss this as just pro-van propaganda? 🙄
Sorry, it’s indefensible that they refused to take the kid to get a tetanus shot after the accident. He would’ve been spared the pain he went through with that little move.
And your 2 examples are ridiculous. The first case, the woman claimed her last vaccine was given 6 years ago and the guy was 13 years before. The efficacy of the vaccine lowers with time. In fact, it is recommended to get a booster every 10 years. And the woman’s case was already pretty fishy, with no apparent point of entry for the infection and symptoms lasting 6 months.
scemily526 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:49 pm he had no tetanus toxin in his cultures -- this case was from two yrs ago, and only surfaced due to the climate on vaccies.... this case was clinically diagnosed, not lab verified. Is that scientific or based on the feelings of the doctors?

But no-one talks about the fully vaccinated American girl a year before, who had tetanus which lasted 6 months:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27301930
The patient received all her vaccinations in the USA; her last vaccination was 6 years ago. The case was unusual because the patient had received all standard vaccinations, had no defined port of entry at disease onset, and had symptoms lasting for 6 months.
Or the adult with protective tetanus antibody levels:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24211286
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic