Do you ever feel overwhelmed?

lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you are the only parent in the home, do you find yourself wishing you had help? Someone else to help with homework or to discipline, stuff like that?

I do. Sometimes.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

All the F***ing time, LOL
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:59 pm All the F***ing time, LOL
Lol, right?
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:06 pm
Lol, right?
Hell yeah. Between mortgage, therapy appts and co pays, numerous appts thru week, shit at school, shit at work and whatever else gets tossed my way, I can only hope to win the lotto so I can work part time and not be spread so damned thin.

My ex tosses a bit of CS in our direction and sporadically talks with kiddo and thinks he's dad of the year. I shouldn't complain, I guess. He's trying to be involved, even if only half assed LOL
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:05 pm
Lol, right?
Hell yeah. Between mortgage, therapy appts and co pays, numerous appts thru week, shit at school, shit at work and whatever else gets tossed my way, I can only hope to win the lotto so I can work part time and not be spread so damned thin.

My ex tosses a bit of CS in our direction and sporadically talks with kiddo and thinks he's dad of the year. I shouldn't complain, I guess. He's trying to be involved, even if only half assed LOL
I'm lucky in the fact that my dd's "dad" has paid decent child support from very early on. But he's never met her and they just about six months ago began texting (she just turned 11.) But yeah, it's just the daily grind that can really get to you.

Lol, I need to go grab a lotto ticket!
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:00 pm
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Lol, right?

I'm lucky in the fact that my dd's "dad" has paid decent child support from very early on. But he's never met her and they just about six months ago began texting (she just turned 11.) But yeah, it's just the daily grind that can really get to you.

Lol, I need to go grab a lotto ticket!
They only just got in touch after nearly 12 yrs of no contact. He hadn't seen her in person since she was 3 and she just turned 15.

Based off what kiddo has told me, things are better for him and he's working on catching things up. If so, I'm happy things are well for him. But given how he was quick to abandon his older kids when they called him out of his BS, I'm not holding my breath for long term personal growth on his end, LOL
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Yes and no.
I feel like super woman when I do it by myself. I have mornings where I want to scream and run away. I would never run away though.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes, especially lately. I just moved after 17 yrs while still working two jobs and trying to keep everything "normal" for the 4 kids. Plus it was the undertaking from hell as I did it all in 30 days and my ex was a bit of a hoarder and left everything behind when he left 4 yrs ago so it took almost 10 trailer full of shit that had to be removed from the property on top of packing and moving. I was only sleeping 3hrs a night and ended up with strep and walking pneumonia from being so run down.
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Of course! Today was a total shit day, and to top it off, I got "parenting advice" from my ex who is around maybe 2 days a month at best. I feel like a failure most days, but also feel like there are small victories every day.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

All the time. I could go on about this for pages. My husband's military profession makes him highly deployable so I find myself being a single mom for months. I also work full time myself. My two kids are experts and taking advantage of this until I finally get them squared-off and things running smooth.
Locked Previous topicNext topic