Reward people who use the system

bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m sorry he’s struggling but hopefully over time he will see the big picture. Sure, he could stay on welfare and never get anywhere but with a job, while he may struggle for a time, he can over time make more in his field and start saving for retirement and such. The kids won’t need daycare forever and things will get easier. Good luck to him!
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 am
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 am However, OP, while I respect your son for going to school and trying to better himself-he really had no business having 2 kids before he already had an education and was doing well financially. That was not even a one time mistake-he make that mistake twice. So he is not innocent in this either.
You never know. It could be you one day.
Yes, we all know your dh makes enough money so you can sah and tell stories on the internet.

But if he got sick and could not work and you couldn't make enough and all your savings is going to outrageous medical cost while keeping your home and paying bills.

You might find yourself applying for benefits.
Sweetie-I have an education I got BEFORE having kids. So at the very least I am practicing what I preach. You are supposed to go to trade school or college BEFORE having kids. Which I did.
You have a bullshit degree that is old as f**k

If you managed to even get a job with it you would barely make minimum wage

You aren’t any better

At least his degree is worth something
Anonymous 6

Unread post

No shit. No one is saying differently. You’re arguing an entirely different point.
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:34 am Are you intentionally being obtuse? There’s a gigantic difference between having the bad luck to get sick and making the bad choice to not get educated and have a well-paying career before having kids. I’m surprised I have to dumb it down for you.
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:22 am
Please tell me about your experience going through your savings and paying out ridiculous medical costs while keeping your home and family afloat.

Maybe your story can help someone else.
Point is is you can do everything to prepare not to use services but you never know what can happen.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree that your son could use assistance and support, the minute you brought the misfortunes of someone else into the equation as your measuring stick, you lost me.
RedBottoms

Unread post

SeeYouNextTuesday wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:48 am

Yes, we all know your dh makes enough money so you can sah and tell stories on the internet.

But if he got sick and could not work and you couldn't make enough and all your savings is going to outrageous medical cost while keeping your home and paying bills.

Sweetie-I have an education I got BEFORE having kids. So at the very least I am practicing what I preach. You are supposed to go to trade school or college BEFORE having kids. Which I did.

You aren’t any better

I never said his degree was not worth something. I congratulated him on it multiple times actually. I just pointed out it would have been better to get that BEFORE having 2 kids. Is that incorrect?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 am However, OP, while I respect your son for going to school and trying to better himself-he really had no business having 2 kids before he already had an education and was doing well financially. That was not even a one time mistake-he make that mistake twice. So he is not innocent in this either.

When was the last time you worked in your field?
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 am
SeeYouNextTuesday wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:48 am

You aren’t any better

I never said his degree was not worth something. I congratulated him on it multiple times actually. I just pointed out it would have been better to get that BEFORE having 2 kids. Is that incorrect?
No that’s not correct

His degree is better than a worthless one that you can’t do anything with

You aren’t better because you went to school and then did nothing with your life besides live off someone else
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My husband wasn’t fortunate enough to finish a college degree. His parents didn’t have degrees so they felt their kids didn’t need them either. He instead chose to go to work fresh out of high school. I was fortunate enough to go to school to
obtain my undergrad and then post graduate degrees. The irony is my “uneducated” spouse makes more a year than I do as a pre-k teacher. Go figure. We can all be smug as 30 and 40 something adults but remember we too were young once and could have easily made “mistakes” that would have altered our parhs so instead of being judgemental why not try to solve these issues for future generations lest our own children be on the shot end of the stick themselves—which yes could happen unless we lock them on a tower until they too are educated and financially responsible.

WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 am No sh*t. No one is saying differently. You’re arguing an entirely different point.
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:34 am Are you intentionally being obtuse? There’s a gigantic difference between having the bad luck to get sick and making the bad choice to not get educated and have a well-paying career before having kids. I’m surprised I have to dumb it down for you.

Point is is you can do everything to prepare not to use services but you never know what can happen.
Not really. You can have safe guards set up and still be in line applying for benefits.
I shit glitter
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He needs a decent woman that is willing to help out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic