Why do you HATE Thanksgiving?

DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am f**k that shit and stay home. Tell your mom and sister they can host and I dont wknow what kind of game your husband is playing but I would tell him f**k no also
I am another one that agrees with this. Why do they always expect you to host? Nope f**k that.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:07 am Are you saying for the past 20 years you have had to spend holidays with your husband's ex wife?
Not every holiday. I had the idea that it would stop once SD became an adult, but DH pointed out that since I'd been okay with it, it wouldn't stop until I did something. He wouldn't rock the boat by speaking with his parents. SD was upset because she thought it wasn't asking too much for her parents to get along for a few hours a year. I asked if it would have been better if I'd come in as Queen Bitch from the beginning. SD always says that her parents' divorce is the worst thing that's ever happened to her and I bought into that for 19 years.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love hosting and I don't get the big deal but it's absolutely ridiculous to force someone to host when they don't want to. What's up with that? And if you don't want to spend time with certain people, you shouldn't be guilted into it.

Tell DH that if he's going to keep the plans a secret, then he also needs to be the one to plan Thanksgiving with your side of the family. Then tell your side of the family that your DH is making all the plans this year.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

when my grandma was alive thanksgiving was always at her house. after she passed my sister inherited the house so she inherited thanksgiving. then our family started dying and now it's just me and my sister left and its just to sad for her to host Thanksgiving. I used to love Thanksgiving but now it sucks. This year it falls on my dd's 20th birthday so we are focusing on that more.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

msgme wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 am when my grandma was alive thanksgiving was always at her house. after she passed my sister inherited the house so she inherited thanksgiving. then our family started dying and now it's just me and my sister left and its just to sad for her to host Thanksgiving. I used to love Thanksgiving but now it sucks. This year it falls on my dd's 20th birthday so we are focusing on that more.
I'm sorry. One Thanksgiving that I enjoyed was when we invited friends.
AJandJDsMom
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I can't relate, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I do not have as much family around, so I invite the family that is around and friends, and anyone that doesn't have anywhere else to go...the more the merrier.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just say no.

I don't understand anyone playing the victim by hosting when they don't want to.
Manic_Sinner
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I don’t...it’s my favorite holiday lol. I love my hubby family so I enjoy seeing everyone when we go there but we’re staying home this year.
I’m one of those regular weird people.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You don't have to do anything unless you want to.
Locked Previous topicNext topic