She is in for a rude awakening when she realizes child support isnt ending anytime soon

Unread post

I have twins who are 17 and just graduated high school. They will be 18 later this month.

My ex hosted a graduation party last night and I overheard SM talking to her friends about how she is so glad that child support will end. She was bragging about all the stuff she was going to do with the money

It isnt going to end anytime soon. The court order says my ex pays child support until they are 21 or graduated from college unless they get married, move out, or join the military

Both of them want to live at home until they are done with school. It is cheaper that way and they can focus on school more.

My ex knows this and agreed to it. I am not sure why SM doesnt know. I didnt think it was my place to tell her so I said nothing. She is going to be in for a rude awakening when she realizes he will still be paying.
RedBottoms

Unread post

let her husband tell her. But yeah apparently he failed to do so
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Even if the child support officially ended, he doesnt stop suddenly being their father. Im sure he would still help them if needed. Most 18 year olds are not financially independent.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I swear I read this exact post on CM shortly before the shut down. Only it was one kid, not twins.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
mama_danetta
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Gosh this happens a lot.
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I actually feel a little bad for her since your ex didn't bother to say anything. He should have. That's kind of on him.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:28 pm I swear I read this exact post on CM shortly before the shut down. Only it was one kid, not twins.
I think I saw it too. Seems to be a common problem lol
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:54 pm This sure happens a lot LOL. And I'm always amazed at the number of women on here who have a great college/university right at their back door where kids can still live at home. Hmm.
Not that I believe this bullshit but I live less than 20 miles from 3 major universities. Some kids choose to live on campus though even though it's close to home because the traffic is a bitch.
RedBottoms

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:54 pm This sure happens a lot LOL. And I'm always amazed at the number of women on here who have a great college/university right at their back door where kids can still live at home. Hmm.
I mean I do. Larger cities usually have a decent college in them
Locked Previous topicNext topic