My oldest can skip school to watch his siblings

Anon

Unread post

My oldest will not be going back to his current high school next year. Instead he will be watching his little siblings so I won't have to pay for childcare.
Sike!!!!!
No, he would rather go to the alternative night school next year. It's from 5PM to 9PM four days a week and 5PM to 7PM on Friday.
I am OK with this. I work 6AM to 2PM. So next year he can get his little siblings on the bus and I won't have to pay for before school care. This all hinges on his grades and how well his little siblings react to having to listen to their big brother.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not something I would ever want or allow for my kids but if it works for you then so be it.
Anon

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 pm Not something I would ever want or allow for my kids but if it works for you then so be it.
He is tired of the high school scene, his words, and I think having to be at the bus stop at 6:20 might have something to do with it. When school starts he will probably devote his time writing code and playing the piano during the day.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:35 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 pm Not something I would ever want or allow for my kids but if it works for you then so be it.
He is tired of the high school scene, his words, and I think having to be at the bus stop at 6:20 might have something to do with it. When school starts he will probably devote his time writing code and playing the piano during the day.
Okay, just not what I would want for my child.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't see the issue with it, so long as he keeps his grades up.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This isn't going to go well.

If my kid tried that shit because he was "tired of the HS scene", his dad and I would be laughing so hard we'd fall out of our chairs.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Bakingmomma
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Good luck.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm tired of working for a living but yet every day I drag my fat butt out the door. In the fall yds will, more or less without complaint, go to the bus stop at 624 am. I really wouldn't let him use I'm tired of the same old scene as an excuse or he may always do that. His words would actually earn a lecture from me.
Anon

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:58 pm This isn't going to go well.

If my kid tried that shit because he was "tired of the HS scene", his dad and I would be laughing so hard we'd fall out of our chairs.
Tried what shit? He found an alternative on his own. He makes great grades and came in 2nd in his grade based on GPA for the last three nine weeks but he doesn't like large groups and cliques.
Anon

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 pm
I'm tired of working for a living but yet every day I drag my fat butt out the door. In the fall yds will, more or less without complaint, go to the bus stop at 624 am. I really wouldn't let him use I'm tired of the same old scene as an excuse or he may always do that. His words would actually earn a lecture from me.
He came to me with an alternative and a reason why he wants to go to a different type of high school. As long as he keeps up his grades I am fine with it.
I didn't like my job so I chose a different career. I didn't quit work until I already had something else lined up. He is basically doing the same thing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic