What do you consider to be a single mom?

noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I consider myself a single mom for simplicity’s sake because I’m not married/with the father of my children however I do have a lot of support from my ex’s family and a few friends.

I know at one point my ex said I wasn’t a single mom; single moms are women who are raising their children completely on their own with absolutely no additional support.

Thoughts?
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am a single mom. Not living with any man, raising 4 kids on my own and even more so because dad isn't in the picture right now. I do receive CS but that is all.
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It's a mixed bag. I'm technically single, but I've been with my BF for almost 10 years. I don't really consider myself 'single' in that respect though.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't think receiving cs or having a support system disqualifies anyone from being a single mom. A single mom/dad are the parent raising kids without a partner.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I assumed I'm a single mom because I'm divorced. But now that my ex passed away I'm truly alone. It's not like I identify myself as a single parent unless I'm on a dating site.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'm a single mom. In not with the father of my child. And I'm single. However, if I were to get with someone would that make me not a single mom? I'm not with the father of my child but if I remarry would that disqualify me as a single mom?
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:59 am I am a single mom. Not living with any man, raising 4 kids on my own and even more so because dad isn't in the picture right now. I do receive CS but that is all.
I do get child support and he does take his child on his court appointed time
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WickedLauraBelle wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:00 pm I'm a single mom. In not with the father of my child. And I'm single. However, if I were to get with someone would that make me not a single mom? I'm not with the father of my child but if I remarry would that disqualify me as a single mom?
Yes, if you remarry you are not longer a SINGLE mom.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not married or living with so. Custody, visitation, and finances don't matter to me.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am definitely a single mom. My husband passed away in 2014. So I've been raising our youngest on my own since then.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic