school detention

Unread post

Our schools have detention ,it starts in middle school here.

Aren't your kids home schooled?
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, we have detention here. Both of my kids have been one time. My sd has been once.

When I was teaching, I worked at an at-risk school and there was a lot of detention but the school had to follow certain protocol. So many of the parents, we couldn't get in contact with to inform them or get consent.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:45 am Our schools have detention ,it starts in middle school here.

Aren't your kids home schooled?
NO my kids went and one still goes to public school.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:46 pm I know they have ISS-in school suspension. I think they do have some sort of after school detention. I used to have after school and lunch detention and ISS when I was in school here.

The problem is if you do after school detention a parent has to be able to pick the kid up because the buses already left and that can be a problem if no parent is available for pick up. But then I guess it would come down to the parent notifying the office about that and arranging something else.
the middle school my kids went to did have ISS. my youngest was all to familiar with it. my other dd reminded me yesterday that the middle school attempted to start a Friday after school detention for kids who showed up late during the week but no one ever stayed for it so they stopped it after the 3rd week.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yep. My DD received indefinite lunch detention her senior year and served one day then said f**k it. It was a stupid reason. She didn't eat lunch in cafeteria. She ate with a friend in the car.
Locked Previous topicNext topic