Why do men get made out to be villains in an accidental pregnancy?

Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

deltathree wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:50 pm They're both responsible but you see a whole lot more deadbeat dads than you do deadbeat moms.
Not when you add in the number of women that just get rid of their children either through abortion or adoption. I would consider those on the same level as “deadbeat” who just doesn’t want to be a parent. She just has the option of not being responsible.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
TrouserMouse
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I taught all of my boys that their bodies are their responsibility. If they don't want a baby, then it is on them to make sure that doesn't happen. If I had a daughter, I'd teach her the same thing. Outside of certain extenuating circumstances, if someone has a baby they didn't want, the finger should be pointing at them no matter if they are male or female.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:56 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:59 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:33 pm If my boys get a girl pregnant and she keeps it yes I expect them to step up. They can at least provide financial support. If they don't want a child they can use a condom or the male pill that is being developed when it comes out. I can count on one hand the number of men that took responsibility for birth control without me telling them what to do. That's bullshit. Now what other men do is their problem.
I wouldn't trust another man with the birth control but that's me. I was on birth control and I brought the condoms that they used in college when I was having one night stands. I wasn't risking a guy using an old condom and such.
It takes two and both should take responsibility. But I knew a girl that missed a weeks worth of pills so she figured she could take six at once. It didn't work. Enuff' said.

Men are asking for it if they rely on the woman to be completely responsible for bc. Some want a baby or aren't too bright. That's what I tell my boys. That's not to say women shouldn't hold up their end. But I want my boys to cover their asses- actually something else lol.
I know a girl who lied about being on birth control to get pregnant

She didn’t just lie she bragged about lying after she got pregnant while at a party I was at that included the guys family

My kids are being taught that they are responsible for themselves and not to blindly trust the other person is telling the truth about birth control

My boys will be given condoms and told to use them every damn time even if she’s on birth control

Unread post

Some women either don’t know who the father is or try to pin it on any one.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh please... EVERYONE gets bashed here. Funny how you equate “here” with planet Earth, though. You must not get out much... I’ve been bashed here for the most idiotic reasons, no one has bashed me for those on the rest of planet Earth. That doesn’t mean there’s a double standard for single parents. But in the grand scheme of bashing’s, single motherhood isn’t one of the biggies here either, let alone in the great planet Earth.
And yeah, I think men should have an equal amount of time as a woman does to decide whether they want to be fathers or not. A woman has a limited time to choose to abort, the man should have the same time to choose if he wants the responsibility or not. And if the woman never informed him of her pregnancy, then he shouldn’t be forced to pay up and shouldn’t be looked down upon for not stepping up.
As for your last comment, no one’s saying that men aren’t equally capable of caring for children as women are. That’s not even a factor in this discussion. This is about double standards and equal rights AND responsibilities. It seems that all rights are reserved for women and all responsibilities are for men. Of course because of biology, we women reserve the right to decide during pregnancy. But it’s not our right to demand the man forfeits his choice on whether to be a father or not. Just as it’s not their right to demand we carry a pregnancy if we don’t want to. So it seems women have the right to choose whether or not that child is born, they have the right to choose if the father will know or not, and then they have the right to demand a guy pay up without even consulting him if he wants to be a father or not. Men only have the responsibility of rolling with the punches.
And, personally, I do believe that women should be more responsible for S*x, precisely because the consequences of an unwanted pregnancy are more relevant for her. Rights and responsibilities come hand in hand. If you want one, you must have the other. But we women demand our rights but want to dump the responsibilities on the guy.
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:59 am You’ve never seen single moms bashed here? Or single dads praised? You must not live on planet Earth with the rest of us.

Last time I checked, men can’t get abortions. Are you suggesting that men be free from ever having any responsibility for their offspring if they want, or are you saying women shouldn’t have autonomy over their own bodies?

And men have the exact same right as women with the exception of abortion, what a fallacy. There is ZERI difference in their ability to raise a child, prevent pregnancy, or give a child up for adoption. We as a society just think none of that applies to men because it’s so common that they just decide not to take responsibility that we have begun to think it must not be true.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 pm Really. I’ve never seen single parents of either gender bashed, though. But I do see that when there’s an unwanted pregnancy, the woman’s responsibility is somewhat diminished. The man “knocked her up”, HE should’ve been the one not having irresponsible S*x and she’s more of a victim.
The same goes for his rights is saying whether or not he wants to be a father for that child. All the rights and decisions atr the woman’s. And if he decides to bail from his responsibility he’s a dead beat and a jerk. If she decides to bail, either through abortion or adoption, she “made the best choice for her”.
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Really? Because mostly what I see is people bashing single mothers and praising single fathers...
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree, since women are the only ones who get pregnant, it is up to the woman to make the decisions regarding the pregnancy/baby. It is a big responsibility to have, and it's best to not take it lightly.
Locked Previous topicNext topic