What a pain just price match!

CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've had this problem at Walmart too. Even though they had it on the shelf they "couldn't" give me that one and I'd have to do the 2-day pick up. I cancelled the order.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lilysma719 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:38 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:00 am One a side note, that seems so expensive, have you checked out you county or local library or done the free trial to audible?
My library app has audio books on it. I've never checked one out, but they're definitely on there. Of course, the selection isn't as good as Barnes and Noble, but I'm cheap and like free. Lol
I subscribe to audible through amazon and listen to a ton of audio books. And I was SHOCKED about the thousands our library has, some which I had already purschased. You do have typically place a hold. But they have at least 75% of the same selection, excluding amazon originals of course.
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:00 am One a side note, that seems so expensive, have you checked out you county or local library or done the free trial to audible?
I did check the library but they have one copy for the whole county and its checked out until after I need it. So frustrating!
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:25 am I've had this problem at Walmart too. Even though they had it on the shelf they "couldn't" give me that one and I'd have to do the 2-day pick up. I cancelled the order.
Walmart has price matched their website for me before.
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 am
Lilysma719 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:38 am
My library app has audio books on it. I've never checked one out, but they're definitely on there. Of course, the selection isn't as good as Barnes and Noble, but I'm cheap and like free. Lol
I subscribe to audible through amazon and listen to a ton of audio books. And I was SHOCKED about the thousands our library has, some which I had already purschased. You do have typically place a hold. But they have at least 75% of the same selection, excluding amazon originals of course.
We subscribe to scribd but they don't have it and our main library in the county has less than 10 kids audiobooks. Very disappointing. This one was checked out.

Unread post

Mammagoose wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:19 pm
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:25 am I've had this problem at Walmart too. Even though they had it on the shelf they "couldn't" give me that one and I'd have to do the 2-day pick up. I cancelled the order.
Our Wal-Mart doesn't even price match at all any more
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mammagoose wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:19 pm
I wish ours did.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Cracker barrel has a limited selection of audio books. But you can buy them and return them at any cracker barrel for a refund minus a few dollars for the 'rental'.

Unread post

I once stood at the check in counter in the lobby of a hotel and made my reservation online for this same reason.
Locked Previous topicNext topic