What is up with my friends and family talking about my “next” relationship, while in the middle of a divorce?

Unread post

Bubbs?
Good wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:12 pm At least you’re not posting under your screen name on a public forum anymore... kudos.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:28 am "I am going to take some time to be single and figure out my next move in life but thank you for your concern"

That is what I would say or something like that
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Because for some reason, they think it's a comfort to you. You need to tell them flat out, that you don't like it, and it makes you uncomfortable.

Anon

Unread post

Good wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:12 pm At least you’re not posting under your screen name on a public forum anymore... kudos.
?
Anon

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:20 pm Bubbs?
Only one person in the universe is going through a divorce?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk the context, but they if they are normally good people, they probably are just trying to subconsciously support you and let you know you are worthy of a good guy and relationship. I doubt they mean I’ll will.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Clearly, your family despises your soon-to-be-ex-husband.
Anon

Unread post

Didnt she get narried last year?
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Ha! Your family is the polar opposite of mine! When I was going through my divorce, my sisters/stepmom actually said that they felt that if I were to even so much as go out on a date before my son was 10 years old(he was 5 at the time of the divorce) that I should have him taken by CPS because clearly that would mean that I was more interested in getting laid than raising my son.

BTW, I actually did not date until my son was 11. I met my (now) husband, we dated, and then ultimately got married. That still made me irresponsible, and a tramp in their eyes. I have been married 8 years this month. This marriage has lasted longer than my previous one. My son is successfully adulting now, and I still have 2 more at home.

Point is, letting cobwebs gather in your nethers or not doesn't change who you are as a parent. Date when you are ready, not when someone else thinks you are.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anon wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:44 am Didnt she get narried last year?

2 years ago
And I fucked up. I married a narcissist who knew exactly how to tell me what I wanted to hear and give me everything I thought I was missing in my first marriage. I fell fast and hard and didn’t pay attention to red flags because I’ve known him forever.

So instead of letting myself and my kids continue to be punished for a mistake I made. I’m getting out before what we have went through gets worse.

I’m embarrassed and ashamed and feeling very very dumb used manipulated
I could make a post but does anyone really care except to try to make me feel worse than I already do?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic