College accounts

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am I have a savings account for DS. I don't know what the future holds for him as far as college. I don't even know if he's going to get a real diploma. His IEP team says it's too soon to tell. Kind of depressing.
I’m sorry. How old is your son?
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am I have a savings account for DS. I don't know what the future holds for him as far as college. I don't even know if he's going to get a real diploma. His IEP team says it's too soon to tell. Kind of depressing.
He's 7.

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am
He's 7.
That’s still very young. Is he at or near grade level at school?

Unread post

Yes. We have paid for 2, currently paying for 2, and will have the last one in college next year.

Education is our gift to our children.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have never had a college account for any of my kids, and still, I have one college graduate, one college sophomore, and one starting college in a year.
They earned scholarships and grants, and attended a nearby university. Oldest lived at home while in school, middle child is currently doing the same. They don't feel they are missing anything good by living in a dorm. In fact, they both hated the idea. They also both worked part time while in school.
Oldest graduated with no debt, and is now married, working, and enjoying her life. Middle child will also finish with no debt. While I know things can change, I expect the same to be true for our youngest as well.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:41 am
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am

He's 7.
That’s still very young. Is he at or near grade level at school?
He's technically in second grade but in a special needs classroom. He is mainstreamed for part of the day. I don't know how it's going yet as I still have to meet with the teacher. I haven't gotten any phone calls saying he did this or that and no bad notes have been sent home so he seems to be doing pretty well this year. He is very smart and will pick up on things he's taught it's just his behavior and attention span are a real issue. I might consider meds after I speak with the teacher.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not at the moment.
Locked Previous topicNext topic