What’s on the agenda for today?

noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:15 am
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:59 am I started The Handmaid’s Tale and then I’ll do some meal prep and vacuum before my kids come home around dinner.

What about you?
Enjoy that show! Its good. I have only seen first season.

One of my kids woke up in a mood but if he can get out of it-I am taking them to see the new Oceans 3D Imax movie. That was the plan. We tried to see it Thursday and the ticket selling system was down and they would not let us go. So we are trying again today hopefully.

I will probably deep clean the stairs and maybe my husband's office. And DH and I thought about trying to find the DVD of Terminator and watching it with the kids tonight for the first time. I think they are about old enough for that movie. We have talked about them to them a lot so they kinda already know about them. They like robots lol
One of my favorite things about my apartment is there aren’t any steps lol. I HATED vacuuming my steps and I had to at least twice a week because I have two dogs.

I’ve never seen Terminator. How old are your kids? My son has probably seen it because my ex has it on DVD. He’s 10.

I read THT in high school, I think. One of Ayn Rand’s books was on our summer reading list and then we had to select another book in that genre. My stepmom recommended it...but I can’t remember finishing it. I started it again over the holidays but with work and getting ready to move didn’t finish it. I probably should before I really get into the series.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AHufflepuffMom wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 am
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am How do you cook pork loin?

I almost bought one at Aldi the other day to do in the crockpot with apples and stuffing but felt it was too “fall-like” for such a hot day lol.

AHufflepuffMom wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 am I have an enormous pork loin I need to cut up and portion.

It's 8am and the toddler is already bugging me to go outside. I'm like, geez child let my coffee kick in.
This one is long so part of it I'll cut into pork chops.

A chunk will go into the crock pot with some dr pepper. Cook it until it falls apart, take it out and shred it. Add bbq sauce and boom, pulled pork.

You can also cook it in the crock pot without the dp until its shredable and use it in all kinds of recipes.
The bbq pulled pork sounds really good. I’m wary of sauces because of carbs. I’m trying to transition to a Keto diet and I’ve really been struggling...but I bet my kids would like it. And I could always shred it like you said without anything and use it.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

purplesimon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:20 am
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:13 am
purplesimon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:11 am

It's a community pool in my mom's neighborhood. It opened at the end of April.
In aprik? That’s really early. I can’t think of any that open before Memorial Day.
I know I was surprised that it opened that early too. It has been extremely hot this spring. We went from a harsh winter to summer.
Where do you live? Our winter seemed to last forever but it wasn’t too bad bc wasn’t a lot of snow, thankfully. My work closed a couple times in preparation (after I moved to an apartment and didn’t have to worry about shoveling, score!) but nothing really happened and the kids and I got longer weekends or a midweek break.

And then like you said suddenly it was summer. Now it’s just been raining for weeks it seems. Or it’s gloomy and humid. Today it’s cool and breezy but muggy...it’ll probably rain.
AHufflepuffMom
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:23 am
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am How do you cook pork loin?

I almost bought one at Aldi the other day to do in the crockpot with apples and stuffing but felt it was too “fall-like” for such a hot day lol.

A chunk will go into the crock pot with some dr pepper. Cook it until it falls apart, take it out and shred it. Add bbq sauce and boom, pulled pork.

You can also cook it in the crock pot without the dp until its shredable and use it in all kinds of recipes.
The bbq pulled pork sounds really good. I’m wary of sauces because of carbs. I’m trying to transition to a Keto diet and I’ve really been struggling...but I bet my kids would like it. And I could always shred it like you said without anything and use it.
My friend follows keto and she struggled with it at first. I know she gets a lot of ideas off pinterest.

I love pork loin because it's cheap and versatile. I may cook some plain today in my other crockpot just to shred and freeze. I got a 10lbs loin for $11
Image #makechesterproud
#f*uckdepression
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AHufflepuffMom wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:30 am
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:23 am

My friend follows keto and she struggled with it at first. I know she gets a lot of ideas off pinterest.

I love pork loin because it's cheap and versatile. I may cook some plain today in my other crockpot just to shred and freeze. I got a 10lbs loin for $11
I LIVE for Pinterest! That’s where I get most of tips.

I’m doing a supervised weight loss program. I don’t have to do Keto, the doctor supports my decision but gave me lots of meal plan options but when I stick with it, I do really well and have more energy. But if I slip once...it’s all over and the carb cravings come back. Giving up tortilla chips is THE WORST and I always slip up. And milkshakes lol. I love milkshakes so much.

I miss my extra crockpots so much. When I moved to the apartment I had to minimize. I took my big crockpot and my little one for dips. But I had so many and meal prepping was so much easier.
purplesimon
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:25 am
purplesimon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:20 am

In aprik? That’s really early. I can’t think of any that open before Memorial Day.
I know I was surprised that it opened that early too. It has been extremely hot this spring. We went from a harsh winter to summer.
Where do you live? Our winter seemed to last forever but it wasn’t too bad bc wasn’t a lot of snow, thankfully. My work closed a couple times in preparation (after I moved to an apartment and didn’t have to worry about shoveling, score!) but nothing really happened and the kids and I got longer weekends or a midweek break.

And then like you said suddenly it was summer. Now it’s just been raining for weeks it seems. Or it’s gloomy and humid. Today it’s cool and breezy but muggy...it’ll probably rain.
I live I Ga. GA probably had the coldest winter that I can remember. Then it we had 3 weeks of rain and boom it's 90 degree weather. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the heat, but it's been humid.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am

I can’t wait until ours opens!! It’s right in our complex. Is yours a community pool?
They're open year round in Florida ;)
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:48 am

You don’t gotta brag😂
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:56 am

You don’t gotta brag😂
lol! That's ok... it's an oven in the summer and the pool is little relief when it's standing room only.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:59 am
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:56 am

You don’t gotta brag😂
lol! That's ok... it's an oven in the summer and the pool is little relief when it's standing room only.
I’ve only been to Florida a handful of times.

The first time was disney when I was 8.

Then as a teen I went with my parents for little vacations a couple of times. I remember my hair, which is usually flat and straight, getting big and frizzy lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic