College accounts

RedBottoms

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am I have a savings account for DS. I don't know what the future holds for him as far as college. I don't even know if he's going to get a real diploma. His IEP team says it's too soon to tell. Kind of depressing.
Hugs. You are not alone in that boat for sure. I think my son will graduate and probably get a real diploma but from there I just don't know if college is doable or if he can even hold down a job nevertheless one good enough to support himself and/or a family.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 am
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am I have a savings account for DS. I don't know what the future holds for him as far as college. I don't even know if he's going to get a real diploma. His IEP team says it's too soon to tell. Kind of depressing.
Hugs. You are not alone in that boat for sure. I think my son will graduate and probably get a real diploma but from there I just don't know if college is doable or if he can even hold down a job nevertheless one good enough to support himself and/or a family.
Thank you. <3 If worse comes to worst he can always work for my uncles. But as far as moving out, idk. I almost want him to stay with me but I'll never hold him back or make him stay.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Yep. Education is a parental responsibility.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, I hope they cover 100% but the rate of increase for college tuition it will give them a great cushion.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hugs.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Of course we do.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:40 am
Hugs.
Thanks. <3
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My in laws do

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:53 am I don't like to talk about my finances on here but I will say this, I am down to my last semester with my 3rd child and I am bloody thrilled.
It wasn’t meant to be a question about finances. I was just wondering how many women on here are planning ahead to at least help their children pay for college.
Locked Previous topicNext topic