Assault 3 for Forcing Teen To Go To School

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What does he want to do? I mean even if you carry him through high school, then what? You can't continue making him show up to work? Or trade school? Or college? At some point, he's going to need to face his choices, his way. I personally think the sooner, the better.

I would stop the battle and let him make some choices, unless of course, his mental well-being is in question and he truly lacks the understanding in insight into this issue. If he understands consequences, and still doesn't want school, then how is he going to support himself? He would need to start making a plan. I would get him in counseling with a career counselor, if he would be agreeable to go. He can work on his GED, he can start at fast-food or service industry, but he's need to start working on something for the rest of his life.

And home wouldn't be cozy. There would be no technology, no phones, no extra snacks. There'd be just be shelter, clothing and basic food until he got things figured out, and of course my unconditional love and belief in him to eventually step up and do the right thing!!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Time to take everything away. Even the door.
anonymom
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:41 pm
anonymom wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Jokes are on you. Nobody shamed her. We all tried to help her
You chose not to read the first page?
I did not see any shaming. There was some arguing about what battery and assault charges mean but no mommy shaming
I actually didn't use the word shaming in my OP. I did say JUDGING, different words/different meanings. On page 1 as previously noted, she was judged. So there is that l
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bookdragon1 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:49 pm
BloodHoney wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 pm What in the actual hell is wrong with the world today.

I tried that with my mom once at 15. The look she gave me put the fear of God into me. Never did it again.

I'm curious what changed. I'm only 29. What happened to respecting your parents? Or at least fearing consequences.
I threatened to call the cops on my mom and she handed me the phone and told me to tell them to send an ambulance too. 😐😐😐

Oh! I'm 40, btw.
I told my son once if he's going to call CPS I'm going to give them a reason to come. He never did. Seriously they can put me in jail and he can have fun going to a foster home. And he may have to for his own protection because my parents and his uncles would most likely hunt him down to teach him a lesson. I think in situations like this if you can getting the support of extended family it helps.
Locked Previous topicNext topic