Jimmy Kimmel Tweet about Roseanne

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Being a borderline personality does not give her an excuse to be a racist bitch. She needs to learn to control her mouth.
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 pm
SunshineDaydream wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:30 pm
MC08 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:23 pm I have mixed feelings on the whole thing, and I say this has someone that actually HATES her character, thought the original show was as trashy as Jerry Springer, and have never even thought about watching the new one. I’m torn. What she said was awful, but at most work places I assume it would result in a written warning and she would take a compensation hit for it if she was otherwise a good performer with no record of prior bad behavior.
Apparently she does have a history of bad behavior, though, and the Disney corporation (who owns ABC) has had issues with her before so this was the last straw. Disney was probably skeptical about the new show from the start and looking for a reason to cancel it.
I don’t follow her, but this is the first thing I recall seeing about her in the news, and I would separate bad public behavior from being a demanding “star” or a tough negotiator. Her history of mental illness isn’t itself bad behavior, and in fact is likely a disability.
I don't recall her being in the news either, but the news report I was listening to this morning cited several controversial tweets and comments over the years. I'm sure Disney and ABC have been following.
Countess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Today's actions are tomorrow's consequences.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:41 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 pm I think Twitter put in the wrong hands can make anyone look a little bent.

But what she Tweeted was completely wrong and absolutely horrible. Yes, she apologized but I've read today that she's now blaming Ambien?

I do agree with many online who state there is a double standard but that also doesn't excuse what she had written, either.
I agree with you but I don't think she is blaming Ambien. She just said she was on it. It has a history of contributing to people doing some pretty off stuff.
She seems to be wanting to do a "....but I was on Ambien at the time" type of thing which, if she has done this, it just makes it worse for me.

I have a sister who used to use Ambien religiously for years to sleep better at night. She was THE MOST unpleasant person to deal with during that time.
JunkRatChick
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Honestly ABC should have never picked up the show. They knew what they were getting into with her and knew she has been unstable for years. To me this was all to finally kill the show completely so that it is never picked up again.
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I liked the show for the most part, but what she said was totally out of line. I just feel bad that the whole cast had to go down with her.
i rise.....
Crumpy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I still love the show 🤷
CompassRose
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I haven’t watched the reboot. Watched it as a kid and remember her being controversial a lot. Sounds like nothing has changed. I guess I haven’t put much thought into her show getting canceled. Seemed like a natural consequence for what she said. I do think she’s trying to apologize and that should mean something.
"Let your heart be your compass, your mind your map, and your soul be your guide."

Locked Previous topicNext topic