Well Hell-Updated

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I almost always side with the teachers but definitely not in this case. Damn poor kids.
Anon

Unread post

Considering every other district around them got double digit raises and they got 7% I can see why they are upset but striking wasn't a good way to go about it.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Last Spring during the Red For Ed protests here, dd’s school was one of the few in the area that didn’t close. Actually, I think all the schools in our little district stayed open, but all the surrounding ones had closures. The teachers rotated, did half days, etc. all so the kids wouldn’t be the ones penalized. I already had supported the cause but that effort they made, to find a balance, it just increased my support for them. It’s a shame more can’t/won’t find that balance and in the end it’s the kids that are hurt.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I understand that they have a hard job, but seriously... it would serve them right if they all got fired for refusing to work, and they hired all new teachers. You can't complain about the amount of money you make, and refuse to go to work when you've recently received a 7% raise.

Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Does anyone care about the education of the students? Its pitiful.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My kids were out of school for 7 days because of Redfored it was frustrating, and the kids did suffer. It was such a pain in the ass because we never knew before 4pm if the kids would be going to school or not the next day.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 am I understand that they have a hard job, but seriously... it would serve them right if they all got fired for refusing to work, and they hired all new teachers. You can't complain about the amount of money you make, and refuse to go to work when you've recently received a 7% raise.
You can when you're still making significantly less than teachers in your area.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

I don't blame the teachers. Striking is their most significant means of bargaining. Pay them comparably to their peers and the strike will end.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So tacky when teachers do this.

They don't want to work? Fine, hire teachers who just graduated college and have bills to pay. Some people would actually be grateful for a job.

Cue the tears and how teachers deserve to be paid as much as surgeons.

So glad my son's teachers don't pull these tantrums.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 am I understand that they have a hard job, but seriously... it would serve them right if they all got fired for refusing to work, and they hired all new teachers. You can't complain about the amount of money you make, and refuse to go to work when you've recently received a 7% raise.
Exactly!

What do these immature people think other professions do when they don't like something at their job? In any other profession, throwing tantrums gets you fired.

Some, not all, but some in education do not live in reality.
Locked Previous topicNext topic