Princess Royal

Unread post

Tweets, current page. Tweets & replies Media

Jimmy Kimmel

Verified account

@jimmykimmel
5h5 hours ago
More
What @TheRealRoseanne said is indefensible, but angrily attacking a woman who is obviously not well does no good for anyone. Please take a breath and remember that mental health issues are real. The Roseanne I know could probably use some compassion and help right now.
5,567 replies 1,486 retweets 15,441 likes
Deleted User 244

Unread post

I have mixed feelings on the whole thing, and I say this has someone that actually HATES her character, thought the original show was as trashy as Jerry Springer, and have never even thought about watching the new one. I’m torn. What she said was awful, but at most work places I assume it would result in a written warning and she would take a compensation hit for it if she was otherwise a good performer with no record of prior bad behavior.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She did go off the deep end years ago and she probably still does have some mental issues. It doesn't excuse what she said but it is something to consider.
i want candy!
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:23 pm I have mixed feelings on the whole thing, and I say this has someone that actually HATES her character, thought the original show was as trashy as Jerry Springer, and have never even thought about watching the new one. I’m torn. What she said was awful, but at most work places I assume it would result in a written warning and she would take a compensation hit for it if she was otherwise a good performer with no record of prior bad behavior.
Apparently she does have a history of bad behavior, though, and the Disney corporation (who owns ABC) has had issues with her before so this was the last straw. Disney was probably skeptical about the new show from the start and looking for a reason to cancel it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I think Twitter put in the wrong hands can make anyone look a little bent.

But what she Tweeted was completely wrong and absolutely horrible. Yes, she apologized but I've read today that she's now blaming Ambien?

I do agree with many online who state there is a double standard but that also doesn't excuse what she had written, either.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

SunshineDaydream wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:30 pm
MC08 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:23 pm I have mixed feelings on the whole thing, and I say this has someone that actually HATES her character, thought the original show was as trashy as Jerry Springer, and have never even thought about watching the new one. I’m torn. What she said was awful, but at most work places I assume it would result in a written warning and she would take a compensation hit for it if she was otherwise a good performer with no record of prior bad behavior.
Apparently she does have a history of bad behavior, though, and the Disney corporation (who owns ABC) has had issues with her before so this was the last straw. Disney was probably skeptical about the new show from the start and looking for a reason to cancel it.
I don’t follow her, but this is the first thing I recall seeing about her in the news, and I would separate bad public behavior from being a demanding “star” or a tough negotiator. Her history of mental illness isn’t itself bad behavior, and in fact is likely a disability.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Mental illness is not an excuse for bad behavior or popping off at the mouth and saying bullshit
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 pm I think Twitter put in the wrong hands can make anyone look a little bent.

But what she Tweeted was completely wrong and absolutely horrible. Yes, she apologized but I've read today that she's now blaming Ambien?

I do agree with many online who state there is a double standard but that also doesn't excuse what she had written, either.
I agree with you but I don't think she is blaming Ambien. She just said she was on it. It has a history of contributing to people doing some pretty off stuff.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:40 pm Mental illness is not an excuse for bad behavior or popping off at the mouth and saying bullshit
And neither is being of a certain political leaning an allowance to do the same with no consequence or equal consequence.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I loved the original as a kid and I was enjoying the reboot. She's always been a whack job, but that's not a good enough excuse to give her a pass on behavior like this.

People really need to figure out that the internet is forever, you can't get away with bullshit like this anymore. Someone is always watching, always listening and there will always be screenshots
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Locked Previous topicNext topic