Teen Allegedly Threw Boy, 8, Off 31-Foot-High Waterslide Platform/Had been violent before

Deleted User 172

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:50 am
Guest wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:14 pm Anybody else starting to worry about all of these mentally ill and delayed people on the rise?
We should worry. Because our government is not doing enough for them. They are not offering enough respite care or services or assistance to their families to get them the proper therapy and care to make them conducive to being part of our society.
I second and third this. It's very difficult to find the help he (my aspie son) needs. I found a boarding school no more than 10 miles away from me that is specifically for Asperger's children and I can't get him in because they don't do scholarships, don't take my insurance and it costs something like 22k a year (or maybe semester) to go.
It's really disgusting.
However, since I can't get any help I teach him to be a good person, leading by example, removing him from bad situations where he'll learn to be bad and I never let him use his Asperger's as an excuse to be an asshole. If he's acting like an asshole then it's just because he's an asshole.
Guestl

Unread post

Why should the taxpayers pay to take care of these children/adults? You had them. Deal with them!
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

guest wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:09 am
CreamTop wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:20 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:01 am

You have no clue what the aide was hired to do.
Really? I can guarantee she wasn’t hired to be at the other side of the park.
How can you guarantee that? How do you know this aide wasn't staff from a facility that took them to this park? How do you know this guy didn't sneak off after being told to wait at the food court so said aide could get him and his group lunch or a drink? Can you also guarantee that this guys parents are paying for an individual personal aide just for him?
I don’t care where the staff comes from! Private or facility staff are there to attend to the people they’re with, so they don’t “sneak off” or throw little children off platforms for God’s sake. You don’t tell a kid with mental or neuro problems to “go on this slide while I get you lunch and a drink”. Nope, you take them WITH you! What are you missing here?
i rise.....
RedBottoms

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:49 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:50 am
Guest wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:14 pm Anybody else starting to worry about all of these mentally ill and delayed people on the rise?
We should worry. Because our government is not doing enough for them. They are not offering enough respite care or services or assistance to their families to get them the proper therapy and care to make them conducive to being part of our society.
I second and third this. It's very difficult to find the help he (my aspie son) needs. I found a boarding school no more than 10 miles away from me that is specifically for Asperger's children and I can't get him in because they don't do scholarships, don't take my insurance and it costs something like 22k a year (or maybe semester) to go.
It's really disgusting.
However, since I can't get any help I teach him to be a good person, leading by example, removing him from bad situations where he'll learn to be bad and I never let him use his Asperger's as an excuse to be an asshole. If he's acting like an asshole then it's just because he's an asshole.
Been there done that
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guestl wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm Why should the taxpayers pay to take care of these children/adults? You had them. Deal with them!
Well we pay for teen moms to have babies and at least my DH works full time
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Violent special needs people with or without an aide should not be in a place like this. Too many dangers for them and others around them.
AliKat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have nothing to say that won’t be misconstrued into an “AliKat hates SN people” comment later. So I’m just going to say that I really hope the little boy makes a full recovery and exit this post.
Guestl

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:59 pm
Guestl wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm Why should the taxpayers pay to take care of these children/adults? You had them. Deal with them!
I don't know why we're paying for them either. If you want care, then get a job yourself and pay for it. Don't make others pay your way.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guestl wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:23 am
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:59 pm
I don't know why we're paying for them either. If you want care, then get a job yourself and pay for it. Don't make others pay your way.
And most middle class families like ourselves are 100% paying our own way. Because we make too much to qualify for assistance of any type.

But then we can't properly save for retirement or pay off our debts because therapies for autism are not covered by insurance in some states and the cost is astronomical.

But the main issue is that eventually these children will be adults and if they are not functional on their own-they are just going to end up on disability anyway which tax payers will pay for.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

His aid and his parents need to be held accountable as well for his actions. If he is so impaired that he cannot function without an aide, then that person needs to be by his side constantly.
Locked Previous topicNext topic