Well its official..

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
JunkRatChick
Villein
Villein

Unread post

We just finished my dd's evaluation yesterday and while we were expecting a diagnoses it was worst then we thought. We were told while her intelligence is above average in many areas. Her communication, social and some others were below average. She is marked as a level 2 but because she is only four and we have been getting her the help she needs since she was 2 1/2 they see her being a level 1 with very little help by the time she is 17. So there is that. And what they said it was her communication mainly keeping her at a level two.

She is on the list for pre-k (won't know if she go in til later this month or early next month). And we were given a ton of new resources to help her including (if there is room) to get her into preschool over the summer to help with her starting pre-k (finger's crossed).

And I'm trying not to break down and keep myself busy (just like my dh) since we knew she was gonna be diagnosis with something. But with it being official it really breaks my heart and its really hard to keep my mind busy.
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s so hard to go through this. I remember crying in my car while my dd slept on the way home from her evaluation. One of the most difficult times in my life that I remember. It didn’t help I was alone, and stuck in traffic in the rain in January. My heart goes out to you!
i rise.....
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How are you doing?

Sometimes after you have a moment to process the results, it is helpful to now know a map of the road ahead. I hope you are doing OK.
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m sorry you are having a hard time. No one wants to think their kids are less than perfect but look at as a positive now you know what you’re working with and can get her as much help as possible.

It was different for me, my daughter was nearly 11 when she was diagnosed. To me it was a relief because now we finally had something saying she isn’t just being stubborn or difficult.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Oh wow.
I'm sorry to hear that. When they evaluated my oldest about 8 years ago and came back with 'autism' it was like getting hit by a truck.
I'm still not completely over the 'being hit by a truck' but what can you do?
Look into other resources. There honestly isn't much out there for autism sadly.
Locked Previous topicNext topic