Poll: This Affects* Everyone and The Site so Please Vote!

How to Fix The Site

Purge posts made in the very beginning
14%
Cut styles down to 2 and get rid of some extensions
13%
Keep everything and deal with speed issues and random errors that may pop up
5%
Purge old posts and cut down on styles
67%

Total votes: 129
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yep, only if they are uploaded through attachments though. Using the img tag to post a link doesn’t effect our database because it’s not being uploaded to our site.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:52 am
12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am Images that are uploaded using the attachment button on when you create a post.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 am What are attachments?

I have been threatening to throw my laptop out the window for a couple of months, lol.
Like memes?
🤓The Admin 🤓
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When I moderated on another site they locked/deleted posts that were over two months old. There is nothing worse then a really old post that gets bumped.

I’d also be okay with loosing some extensions/styles, just not milk lol I love that one!
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think we all got spoiled with cm when it came to looking back and bumping old posts. Deleting posts is hard for me just because I like to go back and read when I’m bored and I like to see who was on but left. I need to win the lottery so I can be like cm lol.
LuckyEightWow wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am When I moderated on another site they locked/deleted posts that were over two months old. There is nothing worse then a really old post that gets bumped.

I’d also be okay with loosing some extensions/styles, just not milk lol I love that one!
🤓The Admin 🤓
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Styles are great, but are they all really used? I'd keep a few of the popular ones and that's that. Also there's no harm in purging. What's a good time frame? 6 months with a rotating month purge?
Attachments can go as well, imo.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was actually thinking posts that are over a year old because then a few hundred posts will be deleted every day but it won’t majorly effect anything.

ETA: Most posts are comments and we average almost 1,000 per day.
jas wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am Styles are great, but are they all really used? I'd keep a few of the popular ones and that's that. Also there's no harm in purging. What's a good time frame? 6 months with a rotating month purge?
Attachments
9040ADE0-9FDB-4A44-81C8-94EC0F29B5E0.jpeg
🤓The Admin 🤓
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 am I was actually thinking posts that are over a year old because then a few hundred posts will be deleted every day but it won’t majorly effect anything.
jas wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am Styles are great, but are they all really used? I'd keep a few of the popular ones and that's that. Also there's no harm in purging. What's a good time frame? 6 months with a rotating month purge?
That would work.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Delete old posts and remove inactive members or deleted accounts
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Please keep milkv2 style. That’s all I care about. 😆
Anonymous 1

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am I think we all got spoiled with cm when it came to looking back and bumping old posts. Deleting posts is hard for me just because I like to go back and read when I’m bored and I like to see who was on but left. I need to win the lottery so I can be like cm lol.
LuckyEightWow wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am When I moderated on another site they locked/deleted posts that were over two months old. There is nothing worse then a really old post that gets bumped.

I get bored and go back and read old posts, just to read, lol. How much would it cost to run a site like CM? IF I ever hit a big lottery, I'll cover it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Could we possibly get the search feature back
Locked Previous topicNext topic