Full Transparency Update: Anonymous Posts

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I got a pm and it seems like some people don’t realize that the moderators and I are able to see which accounts are posting anonymously. We’ve talked about this before in MC but nothing global, plus we have some new users on now so I thought I would update everyone.

Moderators and Admins can see people who posts anonymously. We have to know for moderating purposes. We need to have the ability to send warnings, take away anonymous for those who abuse it, and use other consequences that are listed in our updated guidelines.

app.php/rules

Those of you who remember our guest feature before the extension was built might remember that I was able to see whose account was posting as guest as long as they were using the same IP address. Some people were switching IP addresses in order to harass users and cause problems for the moderators and myself. That was a big reason for the anonymous extension because we needed an easy way to moderate everyone. That’s also why you have to have an account to use the forum.

As far as alternate accounts, the forum platform we use comes with a built in feature to connect accounts with IP addresses. They did this to cut down on abuse. This means that I can see alt accounts as long as they are on the same IP address. There’s actually an extension that you can use to switch to a different account without signing out which I considered for a little while.

Bottom line is that I need to know certain things if the site is going to run well. Everything is kept private, the mods have strict rules that they have to follow and I’m not planning on ruining a site I work hard on for some petty reason. I also hate when anyone is able to out an anon as some of you might know by now lol.

There’s my full transparency update. I just want everyone to know that if you have questions about any of this stuff you can either ask in Help Desk or pm me 😊
🤓The Admin 🤓
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Got it
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thanks for the update.

Just like the original cafemom I knew you guys could tell who anon was, I assumed everyone knew but I guess not.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

This is pretty standard for any site, but I'm okay with it. I don't use the anonymous feature, and I don't give anonymous folks the time of day for the most part, anyways.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That seems obvious to me 🤷‍♀️
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In short, you're still not completely anonymous so don't be a dick. Which should be a well known fact for anyone using the internet. If you have an issue with administrators and moderators seeing you acting a like an ass online under anon, well you can either not be a c**t or you can simply leave.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I mean obviously.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thanks for the update.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm In short, you're still not completely anonymous so don't be a dick. Which should be a well known fact for anyone using the internet. If you have an issue with administrators and moderators seeing you acting a like an ass online under anon, well you can either not be a c**t or you can simply leave.

I've often thought the most hateful anons didn't realize the mods could see their identity. I predict a drop in the number of their replies.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:43 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm In short, you're still not completely anonymous so don't be a dick. Which should be a well known fact for anyone using the internet. If you have an issue with administrators and moderators seeing you acting a like an ass online under anon, well you can either not be a c**t or you can simply leave.

I've often thought the most hateful anons didn't realize the mods could see their identity. I predict a drop in the number of their replies.
Or maybe they will finally grow a pair and be assholes under their name.
Locked Previous topicNext topic