Kamala explains lighters

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BF4C498D-BFAF-40C3-A534-2F84E8F9D401.jpeg
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I know this meme is intended to make fun of her but at the same time the information is correct. AKA She's not wrong. It's perhaps not stated in the most eloquent manner but it is a factually correct statement (as was her statement regarding community banks)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:47 pm I know this meme is intended to make fun of her but at the same time the information is correct. AKA She's not wrong. It's perhaps not stated in the most eloquent manner but it is a factually correct statement (as was her statement regarding community banks)
I’ve been wondering about that only because of my small propane tanks for my grill. They get lighter as I used them. I assumed it was gas. But no propane is a liquid under pressure and released as a gas. Learned something new today
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:57 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:47 pm I know this meme is intended to make fun of her but at the same time the information is correct. AKA She's not wrong. It's perhaps not stated in the most eloquent manner but it is a factually correct statement (as was her statement regarding community banks)
I’ve been wondering about that only because of my small propane tanks for my grill. They get lighter as I used them. I assumed it was gas. But no propane is a liquid under pressure and released as a gas. Learned something new today
You mean you never had one of these bad boys?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:02 pm
I have but I'm talking about propane. Lighters use butane which is always liquid, so naturally they'll get lighter. I thought propane tanks were filled with gas so the weight would always be the same, right? But no, propane is liquid only under pressure. It releases as gas so therefore as propane tanks empty they'll lose weight. It's stupid I know but something I've always wondered. Today I googled it.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:37 pm

I have but I'm talking about propane. Lighters use butane which is always liquid, so naturally they'll get lighter. I thought propane tanks were filled with gas so the weight would always be the same, right? But no, propane is liquid only under pressure. It releases as gas so therefore as propane tanks empty they'll lose weight. It's stupid I know but something I've always wondered. Today I googled it.
Propane and butane are in the same "family" of liquid gases. Lighters are pressurized too but obviously at a lower psiPropylene and butylene are in there too, but yeah I can see why most people wouldn't think of it.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:37 pm

Propane and butane are in the same "family" of liquid gases. Propylene and butylene are in there too, but yeah I can see why most people wouldn't think of it. Lighters are pressurized too but obviously at a lower psia. Lighters are only at like 35 psia where as Propane is closer to 135.7 psia
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Republicans (general) need to let this one go. There are much bigger issues with Harris’ performance then nitpicking and running this into the ground.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:32 pm Republicans (general) need to let this one go. There are much bigger issues with Harris’ performance then nitpicking and running this into the ground.
Especially because Koko the gorilla was more eloquent than Trump. No Biden and Kamala aren’t JFK or Churchill. But I mean have they not heard Trump? I also feel I must apologize to all self respecting gorillas everywhere for that.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:32 pm Republicans (general) need to let this one go. There are much bigger issues with Harris’ performance then nitpicking and running this into the ground.
Especially because Koko the gorilla was more eloquent than Trump. No Biden and Kamala aren’t JFK or Churchill. But I mean have they not heard Trump? I also feel I must apologize to all self respecting gorillas everywhere for that.
I agree. It’s not fair to bash Harris and look over Trump’s ignorant mouth because he was the one who lowered the bar in the first place.
Locked Previous topicNext topic