I’m not anti-choice

moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

birth
iamanon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:34 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 am What a load of bullshit. It's a fetus not a baby. There is NO scientific evidence that "life" begins at conception-that is just religious claptrap. So no, you don't get to make decisions about other women's bodies.
At what point does this human growing inside a woman go from fetus to baby?
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:22 pm Image
theres a problem here, your meme says "people matter, beliefs don't" but that statement is a belief in and of itself. The previous statement is also dictating to people what to care about and how to behave, contradicting their own demand.

truth is, whoever wrote that meme DOES have beliefs they impose on others. they are so deeply entrenched in their own beliefs they don't even realize they are beliefs. "people matter" is an opinion/belief some would even argue is untrue. I see very far left environmentalists who call humans a plague on the earth that need to go extinct in order to save of mother earth. People don't matter to them. By this logic, you are forcing your humanist religion on them.

I am pretty sure you believe murder is wrong (correct me if I am wrong) and you clearly agree with the meme that "people matter" and if someone were to murder another you would oppose that action using the full extent of the law. so its not true that you don't have beliefs you don't impose on others, you just disagree about when a human becomes valuable.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Meh, I’m not anti-life. I don’t agree with the death penalty. I don’t agree with the innocent lives lost in military conflict. I don’t agree with women losing their lives due to a government making medical decisions for them.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:21 pm
theres a problem here, your meme says "people matter, beliefs don't" but that statement is a belief in and of itself. The previous statement is also dictating to people what to care about and how to behave, contradicting their own demand.

truth is, whoever wrote that meme DOES have beliefs they impose on others. they are so deeply entrenched in their own beliefs they don't even realize they are beliefs. "people matter" is an opinion/belief some would even argue is untrue. I see very far left environmentalists who call humans a plague on the earth that need to go extinct in order to save of mother earth. People don't matter to them. By this logic, you are forcing your humanist religion on them.

I am pretty sure you believe murder is wrong (correct me if I am wrong) and you clearly agree with the meme that "people matter" and if someone were to murder another you would oppose that action using the full extent of the law. so its not true that you don't have beliefs you don't impose on others, you just disagree about when a human becomes valuable.
"Beliefs Don't Matter" Means that your beliefs do not matter to anyone else but you and shouldn't be the basis for impinging on anybody else, period. So be anti-choice, homophobic, anti-S*x if you want. Just keep it to yourself. You have no right to force your beliefs on anyone else.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:49 am
water<wine wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:21 pm

"Beliefs Don't Matter" Means that your beliefs do not matter to anyone else but you and shouldn't be the basis for impinging on anybody else, period. So be anti-choice, homophobic, anti-S*x if you want. Just keep it to yourself. You have no right to force your beliefs on anyone else.
Following your logic then, I could also say that you can be as pro-choice, pro-GBLT, and as pro-S*x as you want, just keep it to yourself. You have no right to force your beliefs on anyone else.

Those beliefs don't matter to anyone else and should not be the basis for impinging on anyone else, period.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I do believe that life begins at conception and for myself, during my child-bearing years, I could never have had an abortion.

A few people I know personally have had one and I completely respect their legal right to choose for themselves what they did with their own bodies. Their situations have all been unique and it was not a matter of no birth control or lack of ANY type of control.

We cannot dictate as a collective whole what others do with their own bodies. We may not like their choices but that's just it......it was THEIR decisions to make, and this includes women who opt to have a legal, safe abortion.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 am What a load of bullshit. It's a fetus not a baby. There is NO scientific evidence that "life" begins at conception-that is just religious claptrap. So no, you don't get to make decisions about other women's bodies.
When there is measurable conscience. The same way we define if we are going to morally end the life of any human.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Honey, I will do what I want with my body, even if it doesn't align with the beliefs of others.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 am
When there is measurable conscience. The same way we define if we are going to morally end the life of any human.
Measurable conscience? What exactly is that? How is that measured?
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:24 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 am

Measurable conscience? What exactly is that? How is that measured?
With Fetal electroencephalography

( I had to google the correct word, but measuring brain waves is easy enough nowadays)
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic