Moving this over to support.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
LostTheSlipper
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've spent the last 10 years homeschooling. This year DS is going to school, so I'm going to have time for myself. I hope to spend the summer catching up on various tasks around the house, and then once school starts plan to spend more time on things I enjoy (I would REALLY like to learn to play drum set, and devote more time to language learning.) I also plan to spend some time exploring - going places around here I didn't know existed or didn't have time for.

I have considered getting a FT job, but don't know if I want to be locked into that. I might find online jobs to do to earn extra money, but not really sure what I'll find.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You probably need more for retirement than you are currently saving. Use one of the online calculators to evaluate.

I was very stressed out when I worked full-time. DH was ok with me quitting. I didn't work for a few years. Now, I substitute teach. It gets me out of the house, makes me feel like I'm contributing something to the world, and supplements his income. I select the jobs I want and work when I want to. I work about 3 day a week. Some assignments are half days and some jobs and schools are easier than others. I make $91 a day. I've tried long-term assignments and get overwhelmed plus the pay per hour decreases due to the vastly increased workload. Here, a sub needs at least 60 hours of college, although in other districts only high school is needed.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When we moved cross-country I stayed home for a couple years. It was a good way to get everyone settled into the new place and then my son needed to homeschool for a year and a half. But once he went back to school I found myself getting very lazy at home all day. I needed to get out of the house. So I found a job working 30 hours a week. The pay is like half of what I used to get but that's ok. I like the work and it keeps me active and brings home some extra money. It's perfect for me right now.

I suggest staying home at least for a little bit. See how it goes then decide from there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic