My computer died along with cm

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ever since windows 10 tried to update, my computer is in a constant state of reboot. I’ve run every diagnostic tests and reset defaults and it says it’s in working condition. I can’t even get into safe mode. Windows just won’t load.

I’m starting school in August. My question is what type of computer do you recommend? I refuse to buy anything dell. The last two dells I’ve owned have caused nothing but trouble. I’m on a budget so I need to point that out too. Think $500 and below range.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am sorry.
Honestly I wouldn't recommend a Dell yo friend or foe.
I love my Toshiba Satellite not sure of prices for them.
Hewitt Packers makes great computers, my kids swear by them.
The company i work for deals in computers gor their product, they use the cheaper lesser known brands and they seem to work great for the customer and product.
Good luck.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm I am sorry.
The company i work for deals in computers gor their product, they use the cheaper lesser known brands and they seem to work great for the customer and product.
Good luck.
I’m kind of wondering if I can buy a clean install of windows and try to install that. I’m afraid to spend the money on something that may or may not work. It boots up, goes to that screen where it says windows update is installing please wait for like 2 secs and then shuts right down and does it again. It worked fine yesterday.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 pm
eyes4ears wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm I am sorry.
Good luck.
I’m kind of wondering if I can buy a clean install of windows and try to install that. I’m afraid to spend the money on something that may or may not work. It boots up, goes to that screen where it says windows update is installing please wait for like 2 secs and then shuts right down and does it again. It worked fine yesterday.
I would not go that route, only because you are still working on a Dell. I know toi many people that have had nothing but trouble with their Dells.
You can certainly find computers in yourprice range that wont be a hassle to use.
MommaRex
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I like Lenovo and Asus.

I'm a huge supporter of Apple laptops.
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Tag for when I have time
Bam31806
Peon

Unread post

My asus has been good for me. I’ve had it for about six years now.
morgiefaethedamnpixi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

I have a Dell laptop for my work computer, I would not get one for personal use.
HP are good. Dh likes his Asus laptop

I prefer desktop computers, everyone in my house has a gaming desktop... because I love my expensive hobby of building them.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgiefaethedamnpixi wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:34 am I have a Dell laptop for my work computer, I would not get one for personal use.

I prefer desktop computers, everyone in my house has a gaming desktop... because I love my expensive hobby of building them.
Well I want something I could use for college in August. A desktop doesn’t seem all that portable 😀. I’m kidding.

Way back when we have a Windows 98 on a hp(yes I’m old) and it lasted forever. I wonder if they are just as good now days.
morgiefaethedamnpixi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 am
morgiefaethedamnpixi wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:34 am I have a Dell laptop for my work computer, I would not get one for personal use.

Well I want something I could use for college in August. A desktop doesn’t seem all that portable 😀. I’m kidding.

Way back when we have a Windows 98 on a hp(yes I’m old) and it lasted forever. I wonder if they are just as good now days.

We didn't get our first computer until 99 LMAO... then we upgrade the OS to Windows millennium... damn did I think I was spiffy for that
I've never had an issue with hps lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic