My computer died along with cm

EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, there went my suggestion then. :/ I've bought nothing but Dell. I've had two laptops to my husband's four of different brands. Office Depot sometimes has good sales. I got my last one for under $300.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 pm
eyes4ears wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm I am sorry.
Honestly I wouldn't recommend a Dell yo friend or foe.
I love my Toshiba Satellite not sure of prices for them.
Hewitt Packers makes great computers, my kids swear by them.
The company i work for deals in computers gor their product, they use the cheaper lesser known brands and they seem to work great for the customer and product.
Good luck.
I’m kind of wondering if I can buy a clean install of windows and try to install that. I’m afraid to spend the money on something that may or may not work. It boots up, goes to that screen where it says windows update is installing please wait for like 2 secs and then shuts right down and does it again. It worked fine yesterday.
Is the percentage of the update increasing when it reboots? My daughter's computer had similar issues with the new update. It finally quit rebooting but it took several cycles of doing that. Mine updated fine with only one reboot. I dunno how many times that kid screamed mom there's something wrong with my computer it keeps restarting yesterday lol.

Do you have another computer in the house you can use to make a flash drive with windows 10 restore on it? I keep a flash drive in our lock box with it loaded on it just in case because ive had to rebuy so many operating systems. With win 10 though the security key should still be saved and you should be able to restore it fully without having the key. I just did my husbands desktop a month ago because it just randomly went into a constant boot loop. I used the flash drive and did a complete new install with no issues it never asked me for the CD key either. If you do need to buy a new copy of windows I found a place online where you can download copies and they email you the CD codes. I have used them several times with no issues with their codes working. Hubby repairs and builds computers for friends and co-workers as a hobby. I handle all the software stuff. This is the place we use they are really cheap.
https://softwarelicense4u.com/operatingsystems
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Before buying a new computer, try doing a reformat and reinstall. You have backups of all your data, files, bookmarks, pictures, etc. don't you?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm Before buying a new computer, try doing a reformat and reinstall. You have backups of all your data, files, bookmarks, pictures, etc. don't you?
There’s none of that on there. I used this only to pay bills. All of my files and pictures are stored on dh’s Mac.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
eyes4ears wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm I am sorry.
Honestly I wouldn't recommend a Dell yo friend or foe.
I love my Toshiba Satellite not sure of prices for them.
Hewitt Packers makes great computers, my kids swear by them.
The company i work for deals in computers gor their product, they use the cheaper lesser known brands and they seem to work great for the customer and product.
Good luck.
I’m kind of wondering if I can buy a clean install of windows and try to install that. I’m afraid to spend the money on something that may or may not work. It boots up, goes to that screen where it says windows update is installing please wait for like 2 secs and then shuts right down and does it again. It worked fine yesterday.
Is the percentage of the update increasing when it reboots? My daughter's computer had similar issues with the new update. It finally quit rebooting but it took several cycles of doing that. Mine updated fine with only one reboot. I dunno how many times that kid screamed mom there's something wrong with my computer it keeps restarting yesterday lol.

Do you have another computer in the house you can use to make a flash drive with windows 10 restore on it? I keep a flash drive in our lock box with it loaded on it just in case because ive had to rebuy so many operating systems. With win 10 though the security key should still be saved and you should be able to restore it fully without having the key. I just did my husbands desktop a month ago because it just randomly went into a constant boot loop. I used the flash drive and did a complete new install with no issues it never asked me for the CD key either. If you do need to buy a new copy of windows I found a place online where you can download copies and they email you the CD codes. I have used them several times with no issues with their codes working. Hubby repairs and builds computers for friends and co-workers as a hobby. I handle all the software stuff. This is the place we use they are really cheap.
Can’t see a blasted thing. It goes to the screen that says windows is installing updates please wait for about 3 seconds before it reboots all the way back over. It’s not actually updating.
T3hSarah
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I have an Acer Aspire R touch screen laptop. I love it, but i'm so use to being able to touch a screen to scroll up and down, and to zoom in on pictures and stuff that I occasionally poke the computer screens on campus out of habit lol. I'm not sure on cost, I know it wasn't too bad because I told my DH I didn't want us spending a ton on a new computer.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:54 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm Before buying a new computer, try doing a reformat and reinstall. You have backups of all your data, files, bookmarks, pictures, etc. don't you?
There’s none of that on there. I used this only to pay bills. All of my files and pictures are stored on dh’s Mac.
Then just do a reformat and a reinstall. Do you have a full install of Windows 10?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:28 pm
mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:54 pm
Then just do a reformat and a reinstall. Do you have a full install of Windows 10?
Not yet. I’ll probably look into buying one after vacation
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Can’t see a blasted thing. It goes to the screen that says windows is installing updates please wait for about 3 seconds before it reboots all the way back over. It’s not actually updating.
Odd, I would try a clean install then it could be as simple as a driver issue but without being able to see anything it's hard to say. Does it start to update then reboots and is just stuck in a continuous boot loop? But when it boots it auto starts the update?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 pm
mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Odd, I would try a clean install then it could be as simple as a driver issue but without being able to see anything it's hard to say. Does it start to update then reboots and is just stuck in a continuous boot loop? But when it boots it auto starts the update?
That’s exactly what it’s doing
Locked Previous topicNext topic