What are things that put your anxiety into overdrive?

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The biggest thing for me is the grocery store. Especially, when people are walking slowly through the store. There have been days that I walked in and walked back out.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I'm not an anxious person, really.

Except the other day my coworker and I were transferring a patient in an elevator. It go to the floor and then....didn't open. It was only a minute or two before we were able to get it to open (it's an elevator that had been acting up recently). But I definitely felt the panic start to rise.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:07 pm I'm not an anxious person, really.

Except the other day my coworker and I were transferring a patient in an elevator. It go to the floor and then....didn't open. It was only a minute or two before we were able to get it to open (it's an elevator that had been acting up recently). But I definitely felt the panic start to rise.
Omg! I try to avoid elevators at all costs for that reason. I would've had a full blown panic attack. Glad you're ok. Ugh!
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Other than elevators, my anxiety is mainly revolved around health ( if I, dd, or Dh so much as get a headache or something, I immediately think the worse).

DD (12) gives me anxiety, too from just texting me during the day when she's at school. When I see a text from her, before I even read it, I immediately go to " Oh my God, I hope she's not texting me because something's wrong, like an active shooter or something. "

Those are just a few examples.

It's exhausting.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rude and poor drivers put my anxiety through the roof. An example is when we all miss the turning light because the driver in front is texting.

DD11 can put my anxiety up there too when she talks back or is openly disobedient.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:16 pm Other than elevators, my anxiety is mainly revolved around health ( if I, dd, or Dh so much as get a headache or something, I immediately think the worse).

DD (12) gives me anxiety, too from just texting me during the day when she's at school. When I see a text from her, before I even read it, I immediately go to " Oh my God, I hope she's not texting me because something's wrong, like an active shooter or something. "

Those are just a few examples.

It's exhausting.
I get the same texting anxiety from my own DD as well.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

No bad anxiety other than bad drivers, danger, etc.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My health usually and going to Walmart. I've had a panic attack in Walmart before, and now it's hard to go by myself. My DH does most of the grocery shopping now. Sometimes I feel like a hypochondriac and an agoraphobe.
Mac
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:44 am My health usually and going to Walmart. I've had a panic attack in Walmart before, and now it's hard to go by myself. My DH does most of the grocery shopping now. Sometimes I feel like a hypochondriac and an agoraphobe.
We decided to try the ordering online and then pickup in the parking lot, Walmart now offers. Loved it! Kept the cost down too. If you order later in the day, you may not be able to pick up that day. Just an option to consider.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Small spaces.
I can't handle it, like being stuck in the back seat of a car.
Locked Previous topicNext topic