My exSD16 wants to leave her dad and come live with me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

She is 16 and where I live that is the legal age she can leave home. She has been talking to me for months about it. Living with her dad is really hard. He has not been going down a good path (hence the divorce) she feels alone all the time and he doesnt even like her seeing her siblings aka my kids, even though they were raised together and lived together for over 10 years. I am the only mom she ever had.

I was hesitant at first because I didnt want to start more drama with my ex. I even tried to talk to my ex to make it so maybe we just spend time with her or she comes over sometimes or whatever. He said no.

At this point I am just going to let her come live with me. Things arent the same without her and she is miserable. I am actually worried that she might hurt herself and my ex doesnt seem to care at all. I told her the only stipulations she has is that she has to follow all house rules (which I am not worried about at all) and that I would like her to go see a therapist/counselor just to work through some things with the divorce, how she is feeling, and the past.

I want to be upfront with my ex and let him know what is happening but I am worried that it would only make things harder. Technically SD can call the police and they can help her get some of her stuff but that seems like a waste of time for everyone. She isnt going to take most of her stuff just some clothes and keepsakes. I know my ex would freak out if she tried to take her TV or anything like that so it isnt worth it.

SD wants to just spend some time packing stuff up when my ex is away for a few hours and then tell him what happened. Legally my ex has no say but I am worried that he might get violent.

It is just a bad situation all the way around. I just want to make things better for SD
Anonymous 2

Unread post

This is definitely a repeat from cm.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:37 am This is definitely a repeat from cm.
I am sure others have gone through similar. I wasnt even on the old CM so I wouldnt know
Locked Previous topicNext topic