What do You do ..

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My husband and I are both Realtors. I am also his secretary/ administrative assistant and I handle all of his social media accounts for the business, his CRM, etc. My husband also works for a roofing company which lets us farm for real estate clients so I go with him for prospecting. I don't really do anything but stand there and wait for him to ask if they are considering selling their home. LOL

I also own a writing and editing business and I write for two blogs. I have done just about any kind of writing or editing project you can think of but I prefer to work on smaller, more creative projects.

I own a small resale business. We work farmers markets. My mother in law owns her own jewelry business and I handle all of her social media accounts, too.

I also deliver for Door Dash, do some secret shopping, some dog walking/ pet sitting.

I have an elderly neighbor who I help care for about fifteen hours a week. I'm also on the PTA and volunteer at my kid's schools two or three times a week.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm My husband and I are both Realtors. I am also his secretary/ administrative assistant and I handle all of his social media accounts for the business, his CRM, etc. My husband also works for a roofing company which lets us farm for real estate clients so I go with him for prospecting. I don't really do anything but stand there and wait for him to ask if they are considering selling their home. LOL

I also own a writing and editing business and I write for two blogs. I have done just about any kind of writing or editing project you can think of but I prefer to work on smaller, more creative projects.

I own a small resale business. We work farmers markets. My mother in law owns her own jewelry business and I handle all of her social media accounts, too.

I also deliver for Door Dash, do some secret shopping, some dog walking/ pet sitting.

I have an elderly neighbor who I help care for about fifteen hours a week. I'm also on the PTA and volunteer at my kid's schools two or three times a week.
Wow! You must be awfully busy!
I think that is wonderful you help care for your neighbor like that though!
Do you ever have any free time?
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hugs wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm
mrsmacgiver wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm My husband and I are both Realtors. I am also his secretary/ administrative assistant and I handle all of his social media accounts for the business, his CRM, etc. My husband also works for a roofing company which lets us farm for real estate clients so I go with him for prospecting. I don't really do anything but stand there and wait for him to ask if they are considering selling their home. LOL

I know it sounds like a lot but most of the writing/real estate/ social media work is done from home and I create my own schedule so it works out really well.

I feel like I have enough free time but I don't take enough time to be by myself. I spend most of my free time with my kids or husband. While I love them, I just really like and prefer solitude so I should create more time to spend on my own.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm
hugs wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm

I know it sounds like a lot but most of the writing/real estate/ social media work is done from home and I create my own schedule so it works out really well.

I feel like I have enough free time but I don't take enough time to be by myself. I spend most of my free time with my kids or husband. While I love them, I just really like and prefer solitude so I should create more time to spend on my own.
Working from home is a huge bonus!
Nice to spend time w/ the kids .. how old are they?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I own a legal contracting business, but it is just me at the moment. I have a single contract with a single large firm.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Talent acquisition:
I am a recruiter. I do mid-senior level executive retained search work. In a nutshell, companies pay me to help them attract and hire top talent.

Probably why I'm, not a dick on here. I have to be partial and balanced when dealing with human capital. LOL.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 am I own a legal contracting business, but it is just me at the moment. I have a single contract with a single large firm.
Oh wow! Didn't realize you owned it! How awesome ;)
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:56 am Talent acquisition:
I am a recruiter. I do mid-senior level executive retained search work. In a nutshell, companies pay me to help them attract and hire top talent.

Probably why I'm, not a D*ck on here. I have to be partial and balanced when dealing with human capital. LOL.
LOL .. it's a good thing then ..
Do you enjoy your job?
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hugs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 am
Lotus wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:56 am Talent acquisition:

Probably why I'm, not a D*ck on here. I have to be partial and balanced when dealing with human capital. LOL.
LOL .. it's a good thing then ..
Do you enjoy your job?

I do enjoy it. It eventually evolved into a home office position and me making my own hours.
I am fortunate enough to have a couple really good clients in that they pay every month and on time, they are fair and respectful of me and my time, and they are ethical companies to represent. I enjoy meeting people and presenting them with opportunities to change and improve their lives. Although my allegiance is to the employers I spend months working with these candidates so when they do not get a job offer it really hearts to have to call and tell them that. That is something I really struggle with.

Unfortunately, I divorce very late in life. I shouldered the raising 3 children and putting them through school on my own so retirement is not happening at 60 for me.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hugs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 am I own a legal contracting business, but it is just me at the moment. I have a single contract with a single large firm.
Oh wow! Didn't realize you owned it! How awesome ;)
It is greater than it sounds. I do the same work as an employee with similar responsibilities, but I get paid as a contractor rather than an employee.
Locked Previous topicNext topic