How Long ..

hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

JoJo728 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm 6 Weeks.....not sure if this qualifies me as a full empty nester but my friends are referring to me as that. My daughter started her freshman year at a college 3 hours away. So while she will be home for the holidays and summer, she is off and running otherwise.

It does and will ease you into it as well, LOL
How do you like it w/ her being at college/away now?

Unread post

One left in August, the other in September.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:47 pm One left in August, the other in September.
Are they close to you? Did they go to school or elsewhere?

Unread post

hugs wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:16 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:47 pm One left in August, the other in September.
Not nearly close enough. One is in college in New England (we are in NC) and the other is a Marine in boot camp.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

hugs wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:25 pm
JoJo728 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm 6 Weeks.....not sure if this qualifies me as a full empty nester but my friends are referring to me as that. My daughter started her freshman year at a college 3 hours away. So while she will be home for the holidays and summer, she is off and running otherwise.

To be honest, while I miss her, I am also rather enjoying this next phase of my life. I work from home and previously had to juggle my car needs to get my DD here, there and everywhere (I shared my car with her to save money). No more - I can actually have a little more freedom with my schedule. I also had been so busy between work and other responsibilities, I had neglected my house just doing the basic upkeep. I am now in the steady process of the purge....getting rid of stuff. Have 2 more rooms to deep clean - tackling one this weekend.

I do miss her but at the same time, I am excited for the next phase of her life as well. She is at a fabulous school and will really expand her horizons. I will also say that I think she misses her horse and dog more than my DH or myself - LOL. I have to text her pictures of them but not us.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:27 pm
hugs wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:16 pm
Not nearly close enough. One is in college in New England (we are in NC) and the other is a Marine in boot camp.
Aww that does make it more difficult :(
Will you at least be seeing them over the holidays?
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

JoJo728 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm

To be honest, while I miss her, I am also rather enjoying this next phase of my life. I work from home and previously had to juggle my car needs to get my DD here, there and everywhere (I shared my car with her to save money). No more - I can actually have a little more freedom with my schedule. I also had been so busy between work and other responsibilities, I had neglected my house just doing the basic upkeep. I am now in the steady process of the purge....getting rid of stuff. Have 2 more rooms to deep clean - tackling one this weekend.

I do miss her but at the same time, I am excited for the next phase of her life as well. She is at a fabulous school and will really expand her horizons. I will also say that I think she misses her horse and dog more than my DH or myself - LOL. I have to text her pictures of them but not us.

LOL on the dog & horse .. what kind of dog?
Am sure she misses you & DH too but .. yes I get it.

This is a great chapter in all your lives,
Time for you & dh to enjoy/do what you want now (not that you couldn't before)
But also her time as well & you can see it all progress.
Something as parents we deserve to be able to get back where we were (if you know what I mean) :)
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

hugs wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 pm

LOL on the dog & horse .. what kind of dog?
Am sure she misses you & DH too but .. yes I get it.

Something as parents we deserve to be able to get back where we were (if you know what I mean) :)
We have a Shih Tzu. He has always attached himself to me but I can tell he misses her. I have to go to the barn once a week to take pictures of the horse (a Dutch Warmblood). And she is also in touch with her barn mates to get updates on him. I’ll see her next at Thanksgiving.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

JoJo728 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:06 pm
hugs wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 pm

T

Something as parents we deserve to be able to get back where we were (if you know what I mean) :)[/b][/color]
We have a Shih Tzu. He has always attached himself to me but I can tell he misses her. I have to go to the barn once a week to take pictures of the horse (a Dutch Warmblood). And she is also in touch with her barn mates to get updates on him. I’ll see her next at Thanksgiving.

Aww those are sweet doggs,
LOL on her being in touch w/ her barn mates.
Sounds kind of neat for her.
Bet she loves those pics you send.
Enjoy your holiday next week w/ her :)
Mac
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

First 2, 20+ years. Second 2, are still in and out, joint custody.
Locked Previous topicNext topic