Jury Duty...........

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I wish there was a way that I could get myself perma-banned from jury duty (outside of a felony conviction). Like somehow get my name off their list. This is SO annoying! And dont give me that crap about "civic duty", I really dont care! This is bullshit. You know.... I have been with my husband for 15 years, and I have only seen him summoned ONCE for jury duty.... I on the other hand have been summoned several times within the last 6 years. WTH!!!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I wonder if I am out of town, if I can be excused?
mater-three
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t know. I always get out of it because of my severely disabled son.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Getting permanently banned from jury duty would be a feat unless you had a registered excuse (outside a criminal conviction). Unfortunately I don't know of a jurisdiction that has limits of how many times you can be called. There are some ways to get out of it, including: expressing an opinion about the matter in selection; some jurisdictions have two year spaces between jury selection; making a case for it causing emotional distress so you can't render an objective decision; and so on.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 am
I don’t know. I always get out of it because of my severely disabled son.
Sorry you have to deal with that. However, that is a valid reason.
Dylexsmommy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I always get exempt. They send me a summons every 2-3 years or so.
You rogueish demon-sired flibbertigibbet! :evil:
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I get called for Jury duty a lot as well like 7 times in 10 years. Meanwhile in 30 years my mom has had jury duty once. I hate it because my work won't pay me for it and the 45 a day isn't as much as I would make. I also hate sitting around and that has been my experience sitting around for days then the trial getting cancelled and going home. I would never want to serve on trials that last for months on end. I just received a summons and postponed it 6 months until April. They are cracking down on the exemptions here which is not so great.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've NEVER been called. My son has been called 3 times in 5 years.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My state only lets you get called every three years. It’s not a big deal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic