Apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese ontop.

NotLLRPJ25
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Apparently this is a thing and Ive never known about it. Has anyone here tried it and is it good?
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i haven’t tried that specifically but most charcuterie boards have 2-3 sweet elements and i like those so i can see how it could work.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have heard of it. There was a small blurb about it in my old Betty Crocker cookbook. You've eaten cheese with fruit before. Same thing. My Art Of Pie book has a crust recipe that uses a bit of grated cheddar cheese for your apple pie.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
NotLLRPJ25
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:07 pm I have heard of it. There was a small blurb about it in my old Betty Crocker cookbook. You've eaten cheese with fruit before. Same thing. My Art Of Pie book has a crust recipe that uses a bit of grated cheddar cheese for your apple pie.
See a little cheddar in my crust might be good. Just not ontop lol
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

NotLLRPJ25 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:12 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:07 pm I have heard of it. There was a small blurb about it in my old Betty Crocker cookbook. You've eaten cheese with fruit before. Same thing. My Art Of Pie book has a crust recipe that uses a bit of grated cheddar cheese for your apple pie.
Think it was more of an old school type of thing. Here is a link with a slight bit of how it started.

https://www.thekitchn.com/an-apple-pie- ... hees-99573
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I heard about it in my 20s. Didn't sound good then, doesnt sound good now. Of course I don't eat cheese with fruit.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
NotLLRPJ25
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 pm I heard about it in my 20s. Didn't sound good then, doesnt sound good now. Of course I don't eat cheese with fruit.
Mmmmm yeah Im not one to mock someones personal tastes in food but the most Ill eat are grapes and cheese.
NotLLRPJ25
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:16 pm
NotLLRPJ25 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:12 pm
Think it was more of an old school type of thing. Here is a link with a slight bit of how it started.

https://www.thekitchn.com/an-apple-pie- ... hees-99573
Well thats pretty neat, thank you for that article!
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I like cheese with fruit but I'm not a fan of cheddar in general. This doesn't sound good to me. I'd try a bite, though.
Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'm from Wisconsin, we put cheese on everything. So, yes I've heard of it. I've even seen people do it. But I've never actually tried it. Shhhhh .... I might get kicked out of the state.
Locked Previous topicNext topic