Your music choices

Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I listen to a lot of music by Texas artists or 80’s music.
Living my perfect life 💕
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I like a little mix of pop,rock, country and Eminem.
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:40 am I like a little mix of pop,rock, country and Eminem.
I never heard of Eminem. What's that like?

I like some country-rock.....do you?
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm I can at least appreciate all kinds of music, but the music that gets me right <<<there>>> is music from 1985-1995. Big on the Power Ballads.
That's cool you like all kinds of music. What's Power Ballads all about?
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 am Old post, but gonna chime in anyway -

I listen to a lot of different types of music. I love the stuff my parents listened to, the stuff that was big when I was in high school, stuff that was big through my early to mid twenties and, in rare occasions, something new. Most of the new music I listen to are bands that were around from my late teens and early twenties but are still making music up to recently (Gorillaz, Snoop, Linkin Park, Green Day, Muse, etc).

While I'm not a big fan of the stuff my daughter listens to, there are a few I've liked enough to put on my mp3 player.
Sorry I'm late to respond to your post. The music you like from your late teens and early 20's I also like. I am familiar with some music from my son's generation (he's a young adult now) only because he shared it with me. I thought it was really fun hearing music he really liked. I ended up liking a lot of the music he liked. He grew up with my music as a kid, cause he heard me listening to it. I think he was influenced some by it, for he does like some pop music from decades past.
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 pm I love 80's music. Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, etc.

I also love classical and Broadway.

Not a fan of most current music.
I grew up listening to show tunes- Broadway because that's what my parents listened to. I like most of them. My all time favorite is West Side Story. When Cats came out when I was a young adult I was thrilled. I like the music and also the performance, which I saw a few times on Broadway.

What's your favorites?
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 am Current music is mostly crap. I hate auto tune and I think you have no talent if you need it in your songs.
I'm more of a 80's heavy metal / Jrock kind of gal.

Except for Imagine Dragons... I really like Imagine Dragons.
I really like a lot of 80's music too, including some heavy metal. I love Imagine Dragons, which my son introduced me to. He has good taste in music.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Seashell77 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Spunky wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:40 am I like a little mix of pop,rock, country and Eminem.

OMG! He's GOAT! Look him up on you tube.
He's a rapper. Only one I listen to. Rap and hip hop aren't really my thing.
I like rock and country. Rockabilly is okay. I'm more rock than Billy.
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 pm
Seashell77 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:12 pm

OMG! He's GOAT! Look him up on you tube.
He's a rapper. Only one I listen to. Rap and hip hop aren't really my thing.
I like rock and country. Rockabilly is okay. I'm more rock than Billy.
I'll have to look him up on you tube.I always enjoy trying new music. I'm like you, for I normally don't like a lot of Rap or hip hop.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seashell77 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:22 pm
cellomom26 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 pm I love 80's music. Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, etc.

I also love classical and Broadway.

Not a fan of most current music.
I grew up listening to show tunes- Broadway because that's what my parents listened to. I like most of them. My all time favorite is West Side Story. When Cats came out when I was a young adult I was thrilled. I like the music and also the performance, which I saw a few times on Broadway.

What's your favorites?
I adore Cats! In fact, I named my first Persian cat Skimpleshanks after the railway cat in that play, Skimbleshanks. I got the name mixed up a bit.

I love Westside Story too, my favorite song is There's a place for us/Somewhere. Such a gorgeous song!

My all time favorite song is Think of Me from Phantom of the Opera. Also the songs from Miss Saigon.
Locked Previous topicNext topic