Reverse advent calendar, what do you think?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Attachments
2DB5D02D-2F42-4226-BD24-2DE91DAAADF7.jpeg
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Waste of time
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Seems silly to me. Just put a box together when you’re at the grocery store and spend the other 23 days doing other good deeds (if you’re so inclined).
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Waste of time
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I’d just get it all together and give it to the food bank before December. December’s are so busy for everyone seems silly to add something else every single day.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it's a cute idea for a classroom or something, but seems like just one more thing to keep up with for a whole month at home when you can just take a box of stuff to the food bank whenever.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:57 am I think it's a cute idea for a classroom or something, but seems like just one more thing to keep up with for a whole month at home when you can just take a box of stuff to the food bank whenever.
What school do you know that is open on Christmas Eve
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like the list, I think it's a good list, but it's impractical to do it one thing one day at a time. Unless it's a project you are doing with little kids at home to show them how easy it is to give and get them thinking about it. It would be fun for little kids to go to the list each day and see what item needs to be added to the box today. But as the parent I would buy them all ahead of time and stash them some place until needed for that day.

But what I think I like better is make this a box-a-month list or something like that. Once a month put a box together with these items in it and take it to the food shelf. Because here's the thing about making this holiday themed - food shelves get a ton of food around Thanksgiving and Christmas, sometimes more than they can give away. But you get to the summer months and everyone is so self-absorbed with their own summer plans that the food shelves get next to nothing for donations. So personally I would almost be tempted to skip this for the months of Nov and Dec and do it every month the rest of the year.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:21 pm I like the list, I think it's a good list, but it's impractical to do it one thing one day at a time. Unless it's a project you are doing with little kids at home to show them how easy it is to give and get them thinking about it. It would be fun for little kids to go to the list each day and see what item needs to be added to the box today. But as the parent I would buy them all ahead of time and stash them some place until needed for that day.

But what I think I like better is make this a box-a-month list or something like that. Once a month put a box together with these items in it and take it to the food shelf. Because here's the thing about making this holiday themed - food shelves get a ton of food around Thanksgiving and Christmas, sometimes more than they can give away. But you get to the summer months and everyone is so self-absorbed with their own summer plans that the food shelves get next to nothing for donations. So personally I would almost be tempted to skip this for the months of Nov and Dec and do it every month the rest of the year.
My children’s summer camp actually does a food bank collection in the first week, fifth week, and last week of camp every year!
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Jskidmore1946 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:07 pm
EmilyH87 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:57 am I think it's a cute idea for a classroom or something, but seems like just one more thing to keep up with for a whole month at home when you can just take a box of stuff to the food bank whenever.
What school do you know that is open on Christmas Eve
Obviously I don't mean they need to gather together on Christmas Eve and take it to a food bank. It could easily be modified in a way that could be used in a classroom for kids to collect the food items.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Locked Previous topicNext topic