Empty Nest

Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Is anyone experiencing going through Empty Nest or having your adult children leaving home?
LuvhrMr.
Villein
Villein

Unread post

My oldest son left under bad pretenses a year ago. But recently moved home for a few months and Has a definite move date. Things are different. I go about my daily routine as if he still lived on his own. I expect respect of myself, his siblings, and my home. Otherwise he is free to do as he pleases. if I cook he is more then welcome to eat but if I decide to eat out or bring something home I don't usually consider him into it. As much as I missed him and miss old times, I'm enjoying our new relationship. It has changed but we have connected on a different level. Our discussions are on a deeper more mature level.
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

LuvhrMr. wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:52 am My oldest son left under bad pretenses a year ago. But recently moved home for a few months and Has a definite move date. Things are different. I go about my daily routine as if he still lived on his own. I expect respect of myself, his siblings, and my home. Otherwise he is free to do as he pleases. if I cook he is more then welcome to eat but if I decide to eat out or bring something home I don't usually consider him into it. As much as I missed him and miss old times, I'm enjoying our new relationship. It has changed but we have connected on a different level. Our discussions are on a deeper more mature level.
It's a bit of a challenging transition for both parent and the adult child. It's good how it all worked out with your son in the end. Glad you're on such good terms. Respect is such a big part. That's so true what you said how you connect on a different level. Having discussions on a deeper, more mature level is really nice.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Only one of our three kid's (they're all over the age of 18) lives away from the family home and has for a few years now. The other two are still working on it and we're not ones to say "You're an adult now! Get out!" They're both college grads and responsible kid's. Our son, it's simply a matter of economics and finances and for our youngest daughter, she has some mental and now physical health concerns that make it hard at the present time for her to work.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ll never have empty nest sorry. Here’s a bump
Deleted User 670

Unread post

It's not empty but she's away from the nest more often. She'll be a junior in college this fall and she lives on campus and comes home on the weekends. Last year she didn't come home every weekend. I'm hoping that trend continues. Not because I don't want her home but I want to see her more independent.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Mine have all been gone for over a decade now. It was hard on me at first, even though they were fairly self-sufficient for a few years before they left. My daddy always said a healthy bird will leave the nest, and that is as it should be.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have 3 adult kids and one 11 year old. I never realized that having adults is almost more worrisome than minors.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:49 pm It's not empty but she's away from the nest more often. She'll be a junior in college this fall and she lives on campus and comes home on the weekends. Last year she didn't come home every weekend. I'm hoping that trend continues. Not because I don't want her home but I want to see her more independent.
Mine will be a sophomore. I never knew you heard a kid in college.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:49 pm It's not empty but she's away from the nest more often. She'll be a junior in college this fall and she lives on campus and comes home on the weekends. Last year she didn't come home every weekend. I'm hoping that trend continues. Not because I don't want her home but I want to see her more independent.
Mine will be a sophomore. I never knew you heard a kid in college.

What was your cm sn? Yeah I talked about it in the teens forum.
Locked Previous topicNext topic