Talk some sense into me, is this an emergency or not?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

5 days ago me and Dh had S*x, I'm not on regular birth control because we usually use the pull out method but things happen and I ended up taking Plan B the next day.

2 days later I have a really bad leg cramp in the middle of the night that lasts about 2 minutes.

Now today, 2 days after that it still feels sore.

Is this a blood clot emergency kind of a thing, or is it normal to still feel sore 2 days after a charley horse?
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sure it is unrelated
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 pm 5 days ago me and Dh had S*x, I'm not on regular birth control because we usually use the pull out method but things happen and I ended up taking Plan B the next day.

2 days later I have a really bad leg cramp in the middle of the night that lasts about 2 minutes.

Now today, 2 days after that it still feels sore.

Is this a blood clot emergency kind of a thing, or is it normal to still feel sore 2 days after a charley horse?
Yes, you can still feel some residual pain from a charley horse a couple days later.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Unless theres a hot raised spot on your leg I'd say you're fine.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I usually have some residual pain from Charlie horses for a day or two after. I think itโ€™s normal.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I think to be safe, everyone needs to stop having S*x for a while.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Typical oral emergency contraception does not contain the risk of thrombogenic events, as we see with combined oral contraception. Unless you have a familial history of clotting disorders or a personal history of thrombus, I would not waste resources on an ER visit. If you are still concerned with unexplained physical symptoms, I would make an appointment with your regular clinician.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:01 pm Typical oral emergency contraception does not contain the risk of thrombogenic events, as we see with combined oral contraception. Unless you have a familial history of clotting disorders or a personal history of thrombus, I would not waste resources on an ER visit. If you are still concerned with unexplained physical symptoms, I would make an appointment with your regular clinician.
๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†
They sound like they know what theyโ€™re talking about. Hope you feel better soon.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

call 911 right now
Anonymous 6

Unread post

There is an obsession with all things related to birth control here lately. Its weird.
Locked Previous topicNext topic