Favorite memories

Reedusstalker

Unread post

What are you favorite memories from your lost loved ones?

One of mine is when my mom was dying. She had RA and OA since she was 23. When she went into hospice they stopped all her meds for the RA so it just took over her body. She had been on bedrest for 5 weeks straight which is hell for someone with RA. Moving was unbearable for her. She would just cry and yell out OUCH! And I would start crying because I was hurting her.

I was trying to change her diaper and then readjust her so prevent bedsores. She was crying and kept saying Ouch and I just sat down in the chair by her bed and started balling. She grabbed my hand and I kept saying I didn't mean to hurt her and how I was hurting her. She was saying she was so sorry that it was hurting. She said she had never wanted me to have to be the one to care for her and see her like that. We just cried for about 10 minutes before I took breath. I cleaned my face and hers. I leaned over her said,

" Grannie, we have to do this. I have to keep you clean. I have to change your diaper then adjust you so you don't get sores. It is gong to hurt. This isn't something either of us want to do but we have to get it done, okay?" She nodded and said okay. " So every time it hurts I want you to say, f**k IT!"

Now understand this woman never cursed a day in her life, EVER. I asked if she was ready, she said yes and I got to work. When the pain got too bad, instead of crying she would yell out f**k IT! then giggle then I would laugh. so this is one of my favorite memories because every time she said it when things were so bad, it made her forget how much pain she was in. She would laugh and it got us through some painful, difficult times.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My favorite memory of my brother when he was a little boy is seeing him sit in my old wooden rocker with my baby doll rocking it and singing to it. And him tying the dining room up with string all over the room wrapped around the table legs, the chair legs, it was a phenomenal piece of work for a 4 year old.

Then when I got married, I would get a random call from him and the first thing he would say was "What's for dinner?" He was in town and needed a place to stay for the weekend that he was at the sales convention.
Locked Previous topicNext topic