News and Politics Will Be Shut Down

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Verrine wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:11 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:40 pm
Aislinn wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:19 pm

It seems like when anon was introduced to CM, that is when it all really hit the fan, so a guest feature just seems like a reaaaally bad idea.
Anonymity seems to bring out the worst in people and the worst people. Hard to enforce rules and consequences on someone without a name.
The ridiculous part is that we're already ALL anonymous. That's the nature of the internet. I really hope that some of the women on this site are smarter and saner than they appear.
Yes and no. Those of us with accounts gave some information like an email address. Those using “Guest” don’t have an account, so little to no accountability.

Some yes, some no. Some I have had contact with for almost 10 years.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
handy0318
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Wow... I go off line for a week or so and look at what y'all got up to! Dang...lol

I for one am glad there will be no "guest" feature in this forum...Wish it would go away period.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Someone actually called the FBI?!? For what, "someone called me a name, arrest them!"?
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:37 am Someone actually called the FBI?!? For what, "someone called me a name, arrest them!"?
I guess so. It's hilarious
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol I heard she had the FBI called on her on Cafemom also...

I am not one to do something like that... But as I've been telling her for years now, the violent rhetoric needs to be toned down, because there are a lot of peope that will take it seriously.
MistressNinja wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm You banned people? BJ is clearly the main source if the problem and she is still here...
12skipafew wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:23 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Why not just ban the members who are acting like assholes? Why ruin it for everyone?
Bans weren’t doing us any good and things were getting out of hand.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:56 pm Thank you. I am glad to see the guest option go.
Same! I guess I missed the drama yesterday....
RedBottoms

Unread post

There are going to be some trolls crying into their pillows today they can't use guest to harass people anymore.

That makes me smile really big
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Verrine wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:11 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:40 pm
Aislinn wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:19 pm

It seems like when anon was introduced to CM, that is when it all really hit the fan, so a guest feature just seems like a reaaaally bad idea.
Anonymity seems to bring out the worst in people and the worst people. Hard to enforce rules and consequences on someone without a name.
The ridiculous part is that we're already ALL anonymous. That's the nature of the internet. I really hope that some of the women on this site are smarter and saner than they appear.
That was always my point. I guess if you were some and put all your info out there, not so much, but I was in CM since the beginning. Some might have known the state I lived in. Other than that? I was pretty anonymous even though I rarely used the anon feature.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

handy0318 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:18 pm Wow... I go off line for a week or so and look at what y'all got up to! Dang...lol

I for one am glad there will be no "guest" feature in this forum...Wish it would go away period.
I agree
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow I didn’t know that.
Personally I think calling the FBI is just not a good thing when dealing with posters on sites such as CafeMom or this group.
I don’t agree with BJ most of the time but it’s just crazy for anyone to call the FBI on her. She inappropriate and all that but, geeee.
I was hoping this new group would be fun and informative.
I guess not.☹️
C’mon people! Be nice!
ReadingRainbow wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:02 am Lol I heard she had the FBI called on her on Cafemom also...

I am not one to do something like that... But as I've been telling her for years now, the violent rhetoric needs to be toned down, because there are a lot of peope that will take it seriously.
MistressNinja wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm You banned people? BJ is clearly the main source if the problem and she is still here...
12skipafew wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Bans weren’t doing us any good and things were getting out of hand.
Locked Previous topicNext topic