Arkansas Governor signs new executive law to protect women.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Della wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 pm I don't see how that really "protects" women. It's more pandering to the base.
Why do they separate men’s sports from women’s sports?
Della
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:25 pm
Della wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 pm I don't see how that really "protects" women. It's more pandering to the base.
It was G.O.L.F. Gentleman only Ladies forbidden.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Della wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:38 pm
Della
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:38 pm

"Women’s opportunities for competitive physical activity were limited in America until Federal Legislation, commonly referred to as Title IX, became law. It required American society to recognize a woman’s right to participate in sports on a plane equal to that of men. Prior to 1870, activities for women were recreational rather than sport-specific in nature. They were noncompetitive, informal, rule-less; they emphasized physical activity rather than competition. In the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, women began to form clubs that were athletic in nature. Efforts to limit women’s sport activity continued as they became more involved in competitive sports. This paper will present a history of women’s involvement in sport prior to the federal legislation enacted to eliminate sexual discrimination in education and sport."

https://thesportjournal.org/article/a-h ... -title-ix/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:22 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:07 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:53 pm

This isn’t fear mongering…it’s fairness in sports.

Women who have spent their entire lives training in a specific sport and become the best out of those women shouldn’t have to lose scholarships because a person that used to be a man is physically bigger, stronger and faster.
Can you cite an example of this happening?
https://www.newsweek.com/women-sport-tr ... es-1810782

Twenty-seven times during my high school career, all four years, I had to return to the line and settle into blocks next to first one, then two biologically male athletes to run a race that everyone knew wasn't fair.
I lost podium spots, awards, recognition, and four state championship titles during my junior year—the time when it was most crucial for college recruitment.

https://www.cato.org/regulation/fall-20 ... lic-policy

This has resulted in their school records being eclipsed as well as the loss of scholarships and state championships.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/four-lo ... nities.amp

Selina Soule, Alanna Smith, and Ashley Nicoletti — all likewise have been denied medals, placements or advancement opportunities because of the male athletes competing in our events.
Mitchel fails to mention that she ended up defeating the two transgender runners and received a NCAA scholarship to William & Mary while the two other runners were not offered a scholarship.

To date, a NCAA scholarship has not been offered to a transgender athlete so they are not taking away scholarships from cis-gender women.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

The NCAA athlete's concerns come as a Division 1 school – The University of Washington – reportedly awarded a women's volleyball scholarship to 17-year-old transgender athlete Tate Drageset.

Riley Gaines, who has been outspoken on the issue of allowing biological males to participate in women's sports, accused Drageset of "stealing the already few opportunities for women at the collegiate level" in a fiery X post last Wednesday.

The university reportedly rescinded the scholarship after backlash, according to LGBTQ+ news outlet LGBTQ+ Nation.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/ncaa- ... ities-risk
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Seeing the title of this thread I actually thought Arkansas might have enacted restricted gun access to prevent DV victims being killed by their abusers. Especially since Arkansas is among the states where a woman is most likely to be murdered by her partner.

But no, the protection is to halt the less than .05% of trans students playing sports.
Arkansas law does not:
Prohibit individuals convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors from possessing firearms or ammunition (unlike federal law);
Prohibit individuals subject to domestic violence protective orders from possessing firearms or ammunition (unlike federal law);
Require the surrender of firearms or ammunition by people who have become prohibited from possessing them due to domestic violence under state or federal law ; or
Explicitly authorize or require the removal of firearms or ammunition at the scene of a domestic violence incident.
https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-la ... -arkansas/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

MonarchMom wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:10 pm Seeing the title of this thread I actually thought Arkansas might have enacted restricted gun access to prevent DV victims being killed by their abusers. Especially since Arkansas is among the states where a woman is most likely to be murdered by her partner.

But no, the protection is to halt the less than .05% of trans students playing sports.
Arkansas law does not:
Prohibit individuals convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors from possessing firearms or ammunition (unlike federal law);
Prohibit individuals subject to domestic violence protective orders from possessing firearms or ammunition (unlike federal law);
Require the surrender of firearms or ammunition by people who have become prohibited from possessing them due to domestic violence under state or federal law ; or
Explicitly authorize or require the removal of firearms or ammunition at the scene of a domestic violence incident.
https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-la ... -arkansas/
I thought that Sanders got a wild hair and was protecting a woman’s right to abortion, lol.

Gee, the women in Arkansas can sleep easy tonight 🙄
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

This does nothing to actually protect women from anything.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:38 pm

Because men have historically been elitist pricks that want to keep women out of sports in general to protect their own fragile egos and even tried to frame sports as being harmful to women's "fertility" to keep women from competing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic