At least 4 arrested at Pro-Palestinian protests on Columbia University's campus

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You’re exactly right.

Antisemitism” came about (in its Germanic form) in the mid-nineteenth century. In 1860, an Austrian Jewish scholar, Moritz Steinschneider, introduced the term antisemitische vorurteile (anti-Semitic prejudices). He used the expression in a piece he wrote countering the ideas of French philosopher Ernest Renan, who claimed that the Semitic race was inferior to the Aryan race.
The term antisemitism was made common by Wilhelm Marr, a German publicist and agitator. Unfortunately, his 1879 pamphlet, “The Way to Victory of Germanism over Judaism,” in which he used the term Antisemitismus, was very popular. That same year, Marr founded the League of Antisemites.

https://njop.org/the-origin-of-word-anti-semitism/

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 pm 🙂
The term “antisemitism” was first coined by a German, Wilhelm Marr in his pamphlet “The Victory of Jewry Over Germandom”. So it has always been about the hatred of Jews.
There’s no such a thing as “Semitic people”. Semitic is a group of languages. And just as you we don’t consider all those who speak a Romance language a “Romantic”, a person who speaks a Semitic language isn’t a “Semitic”. It’s not a race or an ethnicity. Fact is, antisemitism is hate of JEWS, it doesn’t include Arabs or Muslims at all. That argument is ignorant and it’s just mean to delegitimize antisemitism as a real threat. It meant to imply that it’s made up or hijacked by Jews. Something you do so well!
Now, I only replied because someone asked me to address this issue, but back to the ignore list together with your lies, ignorance and hate you go!
Shabbat Shalom!
Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 pm
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:04 pm

Saying Death to Jews and America is a bit more than being disgusted.

These "protesters" are so passionate in their declarations. If they're not being paid by some left wing group, they should be making their way to Gaza and Iran to fight their "good fight", not disrupting normal people's lives.
Look at the original definition of anti-Semitic and you'll see it's the people of a group of languages — including Hebrew and Arabic — as well as the people who traditionally speak them. Semitic is rooted in the Biblical name Shem, the son of Noah, who is traditionally thought of as the direct ancestor of the Jews and Arabs.

Semitism originally included Arabs. Who made this change to it being for Jews only?

I don't agree with saying death to Jews. If you can show me where I have ever said/written anything like it, I'd very much appreciate it.

I believe that the USA still has chickens coming home to roost, and it's beginning to look like the world is finally realizing just wtf Israel is all about. Finally! 😁

You buying my gear?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm You’re exactly right.

Antisemitism” came about (in its Germanic form) in the mid-nineteenth century. In 1860, an Austrian Jewish scholar, Moritz Steinschneider, introduced the term antisemitische vorurteile (anti-Semitic prejudices). He used the expression in a piece he wrote countering the ideas of French philosopher Ernest Renan, who claimed that the Semitic race was inferior to the Aryan race.
The term antisemitism was made common by Wilhelm Marr, a German publicist and agitator. Unfortunately, his 1879 pamphlet, “The Way to Victory of Germanism over Judaism,” in which he used the term Antisemitismus, was very popular. That same year, Marr founded the League of Antisemites.

The term “antisemitism” was first coined by a German, Wilhelm Marr in his pamphlet “The Victory of Jewry Over Germandom”. So it has always been about the hatred of Jews.
There’s no such a thing as “Semitic people”. Semitic is a group of languages. And just as you we don’t consider all those who speak a Romance language a “Romantic”, a person who speaks a Semitic language isn’t a “Semitic”. It’s not a race or an ethnicity. Fact is, antisemitism is hate of JEWS, it doesn’t include Arabs or Muslims at all. That argument is ignorant and it’s just mean to delegitimize antisemitism as a real threat. It meant to imply that it’s made up or hijacked by Jews. Something you do so well!
Now, I only replied because someone asked me to address this issue, but back to the ignore list together with your lies, ignorance and hate you go!
Shabbat Shalom!
Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Look at the original definition of anti-Semitic and you'll see it's the people of a group of languages — including Hebrew and Arabic — as well as the people who traditionally speak them. Semitic is rooted in the Biblical name Shem, the son of Noah, who is traditionally thought of as the direct ancestor of the Jews and Arabs.

Semitism originally included Arabs. Who made this change to it being for Jews only?

I don't agree with saying death to Jews. If you can show me where I have ever said/written anything like it, I'd very much appreciate it.

I believe that the USA still has chickens coming home to roost, and it's beginning to look like the world is finally realizing just wtf Israel is all about. Finally! 😁

You buying my gear?

"The term Semite, which was first used in 1781 to define languages related to Hebrew, initially referred to people of Near East origin. The word Semite is derived from the name Shem, the son of Noah. Abraham was a descendant of Shem. While there are varying groups who can be termed Semitic, antisemitism is specifically the hatred and persecution of Jews."

Until they decided it was beneficial to them.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm

Shabbat Shalom!

"The term Semite, which was first used in 1781 to define languages related to Hebrew, initially referred to people of Near East origin. The word Semite is derived from the name Shem, the son of Noah. Abraham was a descendant of Shem. While there are varying groups who can be termed Semitic, antisemitism is specifically the hatred and persecution of Jews."

When did antisemitische vorurteile come into play?
Better yet… where did the Hebrew language come from?
Or wait… who is the father of Judaism?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As I said, talking about Semitic “people” or Semitic “groups” to undermine Jew hatred is a common antisemitic trope. It’s implying we Jews hijacked the term -when we didn’t originate the term to mean Jew hatred - for our benefit. To play “victim”, as if antisemitism isn’t a real problem, it’s something we made up and “stole” it, as they also claim we did with our indigenous land.
But hey, if these antisemites prefer to be called “Jew haters”, to be more specific, I have no problem with it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:15 pm
Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm

When did antisemitische vorurteile come into play?
Better yet… where did the Hebrew language come from?
Or wait… who is the father of Judaism?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Long but definitely interesting..

"Anti-Semitism | History, Meaning, Facts, & Examples | Britannica" https://www.britannica.com/topic/anti-Semitism
just an old coot 😉🌵
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Imagine paying thousands and thousands of dollars so your kid is indoctrinated into becoming a martyr…
When will it be enough? When these kids start blowing themselves up? Murdering Jewish students?

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:37 pm Imagine paying thousands and thousands of dollars so your kid is indoctrinated into becoming a martyr…
When will it be enough? When these kids start blowing themselves up? Murdering Jewish students?

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

Columbia rabbi tells Jewish students to leave campus, warns that school, NYPD 'cannot guarantee your safety'
Columbia president faces call to 'immediately resign,' as university leadership 'clearly lost control of its campus'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/columbia-rab ... our-safety
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic