Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In France the farmers demonstrate their power by blocking roads with tractors or dumping loads of produce and tyres then setting them on fire.

It gets them listened to.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That is the absolutely insane part!

I might think these people blocking the roads are idiots, but the people waving Hezbollah flags and Hamas and ISIS flags are legitimate terrorists!
And then the support they get from these ridiculous Americans thinking they’re standing up for some sort of justice.. like dude- those people literally want you dead and your raped body to be strewn across the streets…

Then They’ll talk shit about Trump as though they believe rape is bad, and in the same breath support mass rapists…

It’s just too crazy for words…
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:11 pm Exactly. These protests have never been about Palestine. That’s been the excuse. And now it’s even more obvious. They’ve been getting away with their violent and hateful demonstrations , they’re becoming increasingly aggressive. What happened in Wall Street and later the Brooklyn Bridge, for example, is appalling. People chanting “death to America”, waving Hezbollah flags, wearing Hamas headbands and burning an American flag they forcibly took from a counter protester isn’t a “pro Palestinian protest”. It’s a pro terrorist rally. That shouldn’t be protected under freedom of speech. Promoting and inciting terrorism should be illegal. Actually, I thought it was. Guess either I was wrong or is fine now.
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm

Blacksburg, Virginia is part of my extended community as is Virginia Tech. Vigils were held over the weekend and today and the outpouring of support and love and attendees was incredible. I never once thought, is that vigil permitted? What if an ambulance were blocked? I no longer support the VA Tech community because of the way they organized their vigil!

If someone no longer supports Palestine because of the protests on the bridge, they were never a supporter. If someone no longer supports the Black community because of some bad actors during BLM marches, they were never a supporter. If someone no longer supports environmental issues because some environmentalists chained themselves to trees, they were never supporters. People support causes they believe in regardless of bad actors just like people don't support causes despite good actors.

I see that I'm not giving you your desired response regarding protestors on bridges. All I can give you is that protests should always be permitted and those protests that are in violation should be charged. I'm not going to be calling for blood or hanging because I don't think that's warranted. Perhaps one of the other posters can give you the answers you seek?
I don’t think you get me…

I’m saying these protesters have literally nothing to do with anyone’s support or non-support for the Palestinian cause.

The dying children do… the murdered journalists do, but as far as people blocking the road? Nothing at all…

It’s insanely narcissistic that they believe they would have any kind of influence over anyone’s views by being an annoyance…

But yeah… I’ve gotta go for the night, be back tomorrow.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:41 am In France the farmers demonstrate their power by blocking roads with tractors or dumping loads of produce and tyres then setting them on fire.

And what was once a beautiful city is now a filthy pile of flaming shit…

Someone really needs to tell these people that if they’re having problems at home, burning the house down might not be the best course of action.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:30 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:04 pm

How about these ambulance blockers?

https://www.ems.gov/resources/newslette ... roadblocks
Do you understand the difference between unintended delays they are trying to fix, and someone blocking an ambulance ON PURPOSE.

The “on purpose” part REALLY matters here, regardless of how many accidental delays you post about.
So, it only matters if it's purposeful. It doesn't matter otherwise. Gotcha.
Yes, intent matters…

Is that a crazy notion to you?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:41 am In France the farmers demonstrate their power by blocking roads with tractors or dumping loads of produce and tyres then setting them on fire.

Farmers are blocking roads from India to France.

Blocking roads as a form of protest is not new and is used often. Climate Change, Austerity, Pro-Palestine, BLM, Agricultural Regulations, Covid, Abortion Rights and more, protestors use/have used road blockage in their protests.

I don't know about other countries but here in the US, blocking roads is illegal so protestors know that they will potentially be forcibly removed arrested and fined. Remember AOC and Greta Thunberg, lol. The protests will also get huge publicity and exposure which is what they're counting on.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 pm

I can read, old gal.

Are you okay with providing weapons to a country that uses them outside of the rules of war? Are you against that?

🤔
As can I, Della, and often between the lines that someone doesn't realize are showing.

To answer your question pertaining to weapons, it's situational.

Should Israel be held to the same standards as other U.S. arms recipients?
Yes.
just an old coot 😉🌵
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes it's annoying and NO you CANNOT take matters into your own hands. And I'm sick of the implication that this kind of thing only happens in "red" states. In fact, it doesn't really happen all that much here.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:47 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm

As can I, Della, and often between the lines that someone doesn't realize are showing.

To answer your question pertaining to weapons, it's situational.

Should Israel be held to the same standards as other U.S. arms recipients?
Yes.
Do you believe it is being and has been held to the same standards?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:04 am
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:30 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm

Do you understand the difference between unintended delays they are trying to fix, and someone blocking an ambulance ON PURPOSE.

The “on purpose” part REALLY matters here, regardless of how many accidental delays you post about.
So, it only matters if it's purposeful. It doesn't matter otherwise. Gotcha.
Yes, intent matters…

Is that a crazy notion to you?
Collateral damage
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:32 pm Yes it's annoying and NO you CANNOT take matters into your own hands. And I'm sick of the implication that this kind of thing only happens in "red" states. In fact, it doesn't really happen all that much here.
I haven’t seen it happen in the two red states I’ve lived in either.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic