another day of not feeling unsafe because

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:59 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:55 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:46 pm

I dont think there’s any point here to divide up the races and what all the different racial groups think as though it would be different when it comes to a Lutheran or Baptist belief…

Majority Christian voting population. That means everyone who is in the majority Christian voting population…regardless of denomination, race, or S*x… it’s a culture in and of itself.

I don’t think it would be as useful to try and change their minds about what is affecting climate change as it would be to try and get people onboard with keeping their town/community/waterways ect clean just because it’s nicer to live that way.

It might take another 50 years to change peoples minds on climate change, but you can get them to start environmental beautification projects today…
"Majority Christian voting population"

I think this is where the disconnect and mis-understanding is coming from. You write things like this which are not true but say that you mean specifically White Christian Fox Viewing Conservatives. If everyone who is on this thread is mis-interpreting your posts, then I think that's a "you" communication problem not an "us" comprehension problem.
To be fair… I did write nine different replies on just about every single page specifically and in detail describing what I meant…

So it might be back to a “you” comprehension problem.

You wrote that in the post directly above my reply.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:13 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:26 pm

If you meant to say Republicans instead of Christians…then I can understand that. But you said Christians and not a political group ..that is why it looks like you’re back peddling.
The majority voting group that I am talking about is made up of republicans, and it is made up of Christians.

That doesn’t mean all republicans, or all Christians.

Like if I had a party and everyone who showed up was a Christian Republican, that doesn’t mean all the Christians or all the republicans showed up to my party… but the party is big enough to make changes based on voting power.
Yes, and that party would likely have a lot of white evangelicals with a very low number of minorities…especially in the south. That’s why people were saying that your point of view only really applies to that group.
No.
There’s no onus to ignore the minorities if they’re within the minority…that’s only something that would even be SUGGESTED when it comes to the world of conservative republicanism…

I’m not at all talking about only the south…

Evangelicals aren’t even the main Christian group, there’s plenty of Catholics …

The political voting party includes minorities… I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t and concede that only white people think this way…
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:16 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:55 pm

I think this is where the disconnect and mis-understanding is coming from. You write things like this which are not true but say that you mean specifically White Christian Fox Viewing Conservatives. If everyone who is on this thread is mis-interpreting your posts, then I think that's a "you" communication problem not an "us" comprehension problem.
To be fair… I did write nine different replies on just about every single page specifically and in detail describing what I meant…

I mean… I can’t even argue this anymore…
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:08 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:54 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:34 pm

Lmao! You’re having trouble keeping up with what the point of this all was? Maybe that’s because you’ve been trying to argue with me about how millions of different Christians all around the world think about what the word “end” means…

This was about my opinion on how the majority Christian voting population in America that watches Fox News, Listens to Glen Beck and watches hallmark movies vote as a collective group, and why they are not acting on climate change.
So none of what you said applies to anyone outside of that specific demographic?
Let’s catch up on what I’ve been saying this entire freaking post!

CDCA0544-C142-4B6C-848C-D218556ACA64.jpegE6B6B98D-99BD-42E0-A44B-E85ACCE46A7E.jpeg6D1FD6D2-9859-45DA-8E2A-8081F6D320FE.jpeg8362D554-883E-41C1-A908-55A55ACBB21A.jpeg11F0F0CF-538F-4A13-865B-4AB1E68B4E37.jpeg

I’ve got three more screenshots to post but the attachments ran out of available memory! Lol I’ve said it that many times
So you are only talking about a specific group of Christians who vote Republican here?
IMG_5367.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_5368.jpeg
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:40 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:20 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:34 pm

Don’t speak for all but this is true from my experience. I don’t know a lot of Black people who don’t believe climate change isn’t a man made problem.
I don't either. I also don't know any farmers who don't believe in anthropogenic climate change.

IMO, it's easy to dismiss climate change as being naturally occurring if your community is not currently at risk from its affects.
Polynesian islands have definitely been affected by it. It is WIDELY considered a man made problem that was created by the main people who keep denying it.

What is the political benefit of blaming God for it? I don’t get that.
Corporate interests playing on a desire among some Christians for the world to end, and the sooner the better, because they will be Raptured?

I think it's the same benefit that some Christians see in the war in Gaza?

If you believe that you are going to be in heaven before the shit really hits the fan than what impetus is there for you to try to stop the shit from hitting the fan?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:35 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:38 pm

The majority voting group that I am talking about is made up of republicans, and it is made up of Christians.

That doesn’t mean all republicans, or all Christians.

Like if I had a party and everyone who showed up was a Christian Republican, that doesn’t mean all the Christians or all the republicans showed up to my party… but the party is big enough to make changes based on voting power.
Yes, and that party would likely have a lot of white evangelicals with a very low number of minorities…especially in the south. That’s why people were saying that your point of view only really applies to that group.
No.
There’s no onus to ignore the minorities if they’re within the minority…that’s only something that would even be SUGGESTED when it comes to the world of conservative republicanism…

Evangelicals aren’t even the main Christian group, there’s plenty of Catholics …

The political voting party includes minorities… I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t and concede that only white people think this way…
I see what people are talking about a far as you moving the goal post and talking in circles.

You do not speak for how minorities think. You have absolutely ZERO say in that.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:58 pm

To be fair, this whole conversation went down the rabbit hole because you didn't realize that the post was satire, lol.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:26 pm

To be fair, this whole conversation went down the rabbit hole because you didn't realize that the post was satire, lol.
It had nothing to do with me not realizing it was satire…

It was me saying … actually… churches do get attacked.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:15 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:35 pm

No.

I see what people are talking about a far as you moving the goal post and talking in circles.

You do not speak for how minorities think. You have absolutely ZERO say in that.
It is so bizarre that you would even imagine that I am trying to speak for how minorities think…

Nevermind.

This conversation is never going to go anywhere.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:38 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:26 pm

It had nothing to do with me not realizing it was satire…

It was me saying … actually… churches do get attacked.
Exactly.
Locked Previous topicNext topic