The Truth About Death ; It doesn’t exist

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:44 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:37 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:26 am

Lol yes… I’m sure your higher levels of understanding the nature of science and consciousness far outweighs the scientists that were published in Science magazine that the post is talking about…

You should totally write them a rebuttal.

https://www.science.org/content/article ... en-weirder
Considering I studied Nuclear electrical Engineering in the Navy......yes, I DO have a higher understanding of the nature of quantum mechanics then a science fiction author referencing a paper they don't understand. And I know that is a greater understanding than you possess because you couldn't even discern the post was a BOOK ADVERTISEMENT and not a scientific news article.
Yeah, yeah… totally.

Write him up, you’d teach him a thing or two. Might be the greatest meeting of minds ever seen just because you were there…

https://ens-paris-saclay.fr/lecole/orga ... ncois-roch
You can keep throwing names out there but Jean Francois Roch did not write the book being advertised (That was Robert Lanza and Nancy Kress). He did not write the article being reference by Adrian Cho. You are literally showing people's lack of understanding 4 TIMES removed. All you are doing is further showing you don't' have a F***ing clue what is being said or by who
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It sounds more like at the quantum level space time is flexible and protons can behave in ways i personally don’t understand. Not that I’m against the idea of the soul living on after death but I’m not sure this proves anything. For all we know after death our energy just disperses into the universe.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:52 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:37 am

Considering I studied Nuclear electrical Engineering in the Navy......yes, I DO have a higher understanding of the nature of quantum mechanics then a science fiction author referencing a paper they don't understand. And I know that is a greater understanding than you possess because you couldn't even discern the post was a BOOK ADVERTISEMENT and not a scientific news article.
Yeah, yeah… totally.

Write him up, you’d teach him a thing or two. Might be the greatest meeting of minds ever seen just because you were there…

You can keep throwing names out there but Jean Francois Roch did not write the book being advertised (That was Robert Lanza and Nancy Kress). He did not write the article being reference by Adrian Cho. You are literally showing people's lack of understanding 4 TIMES removed. All you are doing is further showing you don't' have a F***ing clue what is being said or by who
Are you serious right now lol???

You just HAVE to argue even when you’re wrong… I posted an interesting idea…

The article about the idea is written by Adrian Cho who says in the article: Famed physicist John Archibald Wheeler realized that nearly 30 years ago and dreamed up an experiment to prove the point. Now Jean-François Roch of the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan in France and colleagues have performed the experiment. The researchers shot photons one by one at a half-silvered mirror, or "beam splitter," to cleave the quantum wave describing each photon. After traveling different distances, the two halves sloshed back together at a second beam splitter 50 meters away, which could recombine them. The experimenters could randomly switch this second beam splitter on and off electronically well after the photon had passed the first one.

If the second splitter was on, interference between the two pieces directed the recombined wave of probability toward one or the other of two detectors, depending on the difference in the path lengths. If the second beam splitter was turned off so the waves couldn't recombine, then the photon took one path or the other with 50-50 probability, and equal numbers of photons reached detectors. The results, reported this week in Science, prove that the photon does not decide whether to behave like a particle or a wave when it hits the first beam splitter, Roch says. Rather, the experimenter decides only later, when he decides whether to put in the second beam splitter. In a sense, at that moment, he chooses his reality.

Either discuss it or don’t but this merry-go-round of who is more stupid than you is getting tedious…
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I remember a really bad movie back in the 70s called Beyond and Back. One scene showed a guy taking a picture of the soul leaving the body. It went on to say that a soul has weight and some other stuff I can not remember.

An interesting thing us if the energy that leaves the bidy carries consciousness or whether we come from nothing and return to nothing conscious wise. John Danaher and I think Sam Harris call these the first and second deaths.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:25 pm I remember a really bad movie back in the 70s called Beyond and Back. One scene showed a guy taking a picture of the soul leaving the body. It went on to say that a soul has weight and some other stuff I can not remember.

An interesting thing us if the energy that leaves the bidy carries consciousness or whether we come from nothing and return to nothing conscious wise. John Danaher and I think Sam Harris call these the first and second deaths.
There was an episode of “Evil” in which there was an experiment in which they were trying to determine the weight of the soul or something like that. I was working on a project so only half paying attention, lol.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:03 pm It sounds more like at the quantum level space time is flexible and protons can behave in ways i personally don’t understand. Not that I’m against the idea of the soul living on after death but I’m not sure this proves anything. For all we know after death our energy just disperses into the universe.
Which is a possibility. No one really knows and it’s all a matter of belief. Nothing has nor can be substantiated. Maybe some day, but I don’t think it would benefit humans for a definitive, substantiated answer to exist.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Remember the movie with Sean Penn called 21 grams? It referred to the wright one loses immediately upon dying. I think it implied the weight of the soul or energy lost ...
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:33 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:25 pm I remember a really bad movie back in the 70s called Beyond and Back. One scene showed a guy taking a picture of the soul leaving the body. It went on to say that a soul has weight and some other stuff I can not remember.

There was an episode of “Evil” in which there was an experiment in which they were trying to determine the weight of the soul or something like that. I was working on a project so only half paying attention, lol.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:11 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:52 am

Yeah, yeah… totally.

Are you serious right now lol???

You just HAVE to argue even when you’re wrong… I posted an interesting idea…

The article about the idea is written by Adrian Cho who says in the article: Famed physicist John Archibald Wheeler realized that nearly 30 years ago and dreamed up an experiment to prove the point. Now Jean-François Roch of the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan in France and colleagues have performed the experiment. The researchers shot photons one by one at a half-silvered mirror, or "beam splitter," to cleave the quantum wave describing each photon. After traveling different distances, the two halves sloshed back together at a second beam splitter 50 meters away, which could recombine them. The experimenters could randomly switch this second beam splitter on and off electronically well after the photon had passed the first one.

If the second splitter was on, interference between the two pieces directed the recombined wave of probability toward one or the other of two detectors, depending on the difference in the path lengths. If the second beam splitter was turned off so the waves couldn't recombine, then the photon took one path or the other with 50-50 probability, and equal numbers of photons reached detectors. The results, reported this week in Science, prove that the photon does not decide whether to behave like a particle or a wave when it hits the first beam splitter, Roch says. Rather, the experimenter decides only later, when he decides whether to put in the second beam splitter. In a sense, at that moment, he chooses his reality

Either discuss it or don’t but this merry-go-round of who is more stupid than you is getting tedious…
And precisely what does that have to do with the original post about a Book advertisement
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:03 pm It sounds more like at the quantum level space time is flexible and protons can behave in ways i personally don’t understand. Not that I’m against the idea of the soul living on after death but I’m not sure this proves anything. For all we know after death our energy just disperses into the universe.
"Our energy" is not different from any other energy in the universe. What makes us unique individuals is our patterns of electrochemical activity. It doesn't look like the patterns survive the physical body, but on the other hand, patterns can be re-created. Perhaps someday we will all find ourselves here again for a time, running as a program in a 2020s internet simulation.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I remember that movie.
I think the idea of losing 21 grams at death came from an experiment with dogs a long time ago, but it was never duplicated
cgd5112 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:06 pm Remember the movie with Sean Penn called 21 grams? It referred to the wright one loses immediately upon dying. I think it implied the weight of the soul or energy lost ...
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:33 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic