The Truth About Death ; It doesn’t exist

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Although individual bodies are destined to self-destruct, the “me” feeling—the ‘Who am I?’—is just a 20-watt fountain of energy operating in the brain. But this energy doesn’t go away at death. One of the surest axioms of science is that energy never dies; it can neither be created nor destroyed. But does this energy transcend from one world to another?

Consider an experiment published in the prestigious scientific journal Science. Scientists in France shot photons into an apparatus and showed that what they did could retroactively alter something that had already happened in the past. You heard that right! As the photons passed a fork in the apparatus, they had to decide whether to behave like particles or waves when they hit a beam splitter. Later on—after they had traveled nearly 50 meters past the fork—the experimenter could randomly switch a second beam splitter on and off. It turns out that what the observer decided at that point determined what the particle actually did at the fork in the past. At that moment, the experimenter chose his past.

https://www.robertlanza.com/the-truth-a ... i4Yh926dgU
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Adapted from Observer by Robert Lanza and Nancy Kress (The Story Plant).
Lanza’s new novel “OBSERVER” lays out these ideas to a broader audience
“Robert Lanza has taken the gigantic step of incorporating his ideas into a science fiction novel with Nancy Kress

This isn't "News" it's a book promotion A science fiction book by an author that has limited understanding of actual scientific principles...

Put the tinfoil down and back away from the conspiracy rabbit hole Bob
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:18 am Adapted from Observer by Robert Lanza and Nancy Kress (The Story Plant).
“Robert Lanza has taken the gigantic step of incorporating his ideas into a science fiction novel with Nancy Kress

This isn't "News" it's a book promotion A science fiction book by an author that has limited understanding of actual scientific principles...

Have some fun in life… be willing to discuss new topics, they might end up being more philosophical than scientific.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:23 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:18 am Adapted from Observer by Robert Lanza and Nancy Kress (The Story Plant).

Have some fun in life… be willing to discuss new topics, they might end up being more philosophical than scientific.
I mean that's all well and good but then you should have posted this in a different section instead of News and politics. It is neither. And you should have included more information such as "THIS IS A BOOK PLOT....instead of trying to pass it off as a scientific article.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am not familiar with the author, but I do believe that conscious energy c evolved around the time of the Big Bang and that we “live” many lives not necessarily just as humans on earth. I think “souls” traveled the cosmos but were very limited on experiencing the cosmos fully as our consciousness could only observe. That ancient lineages of hominins were our early attempts for this planet. I believe that human ideas of gods, death, afterlife are all part of mechanisms in our conscious energy to fully experience and learn during a current existence as well as prevent us from total insanity.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:30 am

I mean that's all well and good but then you should have posted this in a different section instead of News and politics. It is neither. And you should have included more information such as "THIS IS A BOOK PLOT....instead of trying to pass it off as a scientific article.
Ok then , it’s NEWS that this book is going to come out. And I’m not trying to pass it off, I just copied and pasted…

Do you want to discuss the ideas or just get mad that you saw this post?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:09 am

Ok then , it’s NEWS that this book is going to come out. And I’m not trying to pass it off, I just copied and pasted…

The idea is stupid and shows a piss poor understanding of scientific principles. If one wants to believe that consciousness is eternal then fine, whatever, but don't try to use a poor understanding of scientific principles to push it. I'm not mad I saw the post. I do find issue with you trying to pass it off as "News" when it's just an Advertisement
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:15 am

The idea is stupid and shows a piss poor understanding of scientific principles. If one wants to believe that consciousness is eternal then fine, whatever, but don't try to use a poor understanding of scientific principles to push it. I'm not mad I saw the post. I do find issue with you trying to pass it off as "News" when it's just an Advertisement
Lol yes… I’m sure your higher levels of understanding the nature of science and consciousness far outweighs the scientists that were published in Science magazine that the post is talking about…

You should totally write them a rebuttal.

https://www.science.org/content/article ... en-weirder
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:26 am

Lol yes… I’m sure your higher levels of understanding the nature of science and consciousness far outweighs the scientists that were published in Science magazine that the post is talking about…

Considering I studied Nuclear electrical Engineering in the Navy......yes, I DO have a higher understanding of the nature of quantum mechanics then a science fiction author referencing a paper they don't understand. And I know that is a greater understanding than you possess because you couldn't even discern the post was a BOOK ADVERTISEMENT and not a scientific news article.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:37 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:26 am

Considering I studied Nuclear electrical Engineering in the Navy......yes, I DO have a higher understanding of the nature of quantum mechanics then a science fiction author referencing a paper they don't understand. And I know that is a greater understanding than you possess because you couldn't even discern the post was a BOOK ADVERTISEMENT and not a scientific news article.
Yeah, yeah… totally.

Write him up, you’d teach him a thing or two. Might be the greatest meeting of minds ever seen just because you were there…

https://ens-paris-saclay.fr/lecole/orga ... ncois-roch
Locked Previous topicNext topic