Florida prevents mom from stepping foot on school grounds

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

LaurieD wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:20 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:24 pm
LaurieD wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:57 pm

I'm new to this site, to be honest your replies seem way more rude and "know-it-all" than hers did. I really don't see what she said that was all that awful.
Okay. Welcome to the site.

I don’t care about the rest. You’ll form your own opinion once you’ve been here longer and it doesn’t matter to me if it doesn’t change.
Okay, so I read through the whole post and I'm really confused. Were some of the posts deleted? I can't find anywhere that she called you anti-woman, brought up that you are conservative, crucified you, or did a lot of the other things you accused her of. Yes, she said you were slut shaming but to be completely honest, that's kind of how it comes off. If that wasn't your intention please clarify, but when the article is about a mom who is banned from her childs school because she works in the adult entertainment industry and your reply to it is that she should know that actions have consequences and that she isn't a good fit for going to her child's school because of it, that comes off as looking down on her and saying she deserves how she's being treated. Again, if that isn't what you meant you can say so, but that is how it reads so I can understand where she was coming from. This is a genuine question because I'm new and maybe don't understand the intent of this group, but isn't the whole point of news and politics to discuss and debate political viewpoints?
"New to the site" ?

Interesting.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I'm new to this site, to be honest your replies seem way more rude and "know-it-all" than hers did. I really don't see what she said that was all that awful.

I don’t care about the rest. You’ll form your own opinion once you’ve been here longer and it doesn’t matter to me if it doesn’t change.
Okay, so I read through the whole post and I'm really confused. Were some of the posts deleted? I can't find anywhere that she called you anti-woman, brought up that you are conservative, crucified you, or did a lot of the other things you accused her of. Yes, she said you were slut shaming but to be completely honest, that's kind of how it comes off. If that wasn't your intention please clarify, but when the article is about a mom who is banned from her childs school because she works in the adult entertainment industry and your reply to it is that she should know that actions have consequences and that she isn't a good fit for going to her child's school because of it, that comes off as looking down on her and saying she deserves how she's being treated. Again, if that isn't what you meant you can say so, but that is how it reads so I can understand where she was coming from. This is a genuine question because I'm new and maybe don't understand the intent of this group, but isn't the whole point of news and politics to discuss and debate political viewpoints?
Forgive me for scan reading this but I’ve had a full day of sorting out cluster fucks and I’m spent.

I’m talking about a combination of stuff now and not just this article. It’s probably best to enjoy being new and learning the group instead of trying to figure this out.

If you are trying to sort it out to pick a side, just side with Oli because that’s faster than me explaining it.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:26 pm

"New to the site" ?

Interesting.
If that is a troll I don’t want to engage and if that’s someone new..they will form their opinion over time.

I’ll fuss with posters I somewhat know but I’m not explaining myself to 50 million people and I don’t need back-up.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Ok..so , hi.

But we've all known each other for quite a while and are kind of like family members that might fight like hell and call each other bitches but as soon as tomorrow morning comes we'd protect each other like mad if any stranger came to call.

We've also been talking for a decade so have a lot under the belt that might not be talked about on every post.

But otherwise... I think I know you @-@
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:31 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:58 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:27 pm

“ if you have full blown adult content on public display, there may be some opportunities you’re not a good fit for”
Don’t want to be told that you’re slut shaming, maybe don’t shame someone for working in the S*x industry and say they aren’t “fit” for having the same rights as any other parent. I didn’t put any words in your mouth. You say that you have such an issue with this “mentality” and yet you’ve spent the past few pages calling me a liar, saying I have a white supremacist mentality (ironic because I’m biracial), and many other names while trying to slam my morals into the ground. So why is it acceptable for you to do?
I know you’re biracial, I’m half Japanese from Hawaii as well. You’re not gonna tell me that you’re half Japanese and you don’t understand what I’m trying to say without accusing me of slut shaming.

Yes, you do have a white liberal supremacist attitude about some things. I just never said anything because you never directed at me and it wasn’t my place to call you out on it.

But don’t come F***ing with me about an article and twisting my words when you know better because you’re not stupid.
What you said comes off as slut shaming. You said that she needs to learn the consequences of her actions. Feel free to reword it to better explain what you meant. There is nothing white supremacist about me, so that’s another thing you’re going to have to clarify. Am I liberal? Yes, but that has nothing to do with my race and that has nothing to do with this post. This is a politics group, so yes sometimes I am going to take the stance of my political beliefs. I didn’t even know you were conservative so I don’t see how I could be attacking you for it. I didn’t twist your words but you seem to be twisting a heck of a lot of mine.
I have both liberal and conservative views.

Again, you are not going to tell me that you are half Japanese and you do not understand what I meant by actions have consequences without automatically assuming slut shaming.

I shouldn’t have to reword it or dumb down any of this for you.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:22 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:31 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:58 pm

I know you’re biracial, I’m half Japanese from Hawaii as well. You’re not gonna tell me that you’re half Japanese and you don’t understand what I’m trying to say without accusing me of slut shaming.

Yes, you do have a white liberal supremacist attitude about some things. I just never said anything because you never directed at me and it wasn’t my place to call you out on it.

But don’t come F***ing with me about an article and twisting my words when you know better because you’re not stupid.
What you said comes off as slut shaming. You said that she needs to learn the consequences of her actions. Feel free to reword it to better explain what you meant. There is nothing white supremacist about me, so that’s another thing you’re going to have to clarify. Am I liberal? Yes, but that has nothing to do with my race and that has nothing to do with this post. This is a politics group, so yes sometimes I am going to take the stance of my political beliefs. I didn’t even know you were conservative so I don’t see how I could be attacking you for it. I didn’t twist your words but you seem to be twisting a heck of a lot of mine.
I have both liberal and conservative views.

Again, you are not going to tell me that you are half Japanese and you do not understand what I meant by actions have consequences without automatically assuming slut shaming.

I shouldn’t have to reword it or dumb down any of this for you.
So now you’re telling me what race I am and what I need to know because of my race? You’re unbelievable. I gave you the chance to clarify and you’re refusing and being even more condescending about it. So I’ll hold how it reads. You’re talking down a woman for working in the S*x industry, that’s slut shaming. My race doesn’t change that. If that’s not what you meant you’re free to explain.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:12 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:26 pm
"New to the site" ?

Interesting.
If that is a troll I don’t want to engage and if that’s someone new..they will form their opinion over time.

I’ll fuss with posters I somewhat know but I’m not explaining myself to 50 million people and I don’t need back-up.
I wasn't giving you "back-up," Southern.

There's another reason why I've asked our "new" poster what I have.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:19 pm

Ok..so , hi.

But we've all known each other for quite a while and are kind of like family members that might fight like hell and call each other bitches but as soon as tomorrow morning comes we'd protect each other like mad if any stranger came to call.

We've also been talking for a decade so have a lot under the belt that might not be talked about on every post.

Yeah, no. After the horrible things she’s said to me and the accusations she’s made, I in no way consider her family. I honestly didn’t have a problem with her until this post, and no I’m not just mad that she disagreed with me, lots of people who I respect disagree with me. I’d like to think she just had a bad day, but level of hypocrisy and attacking me for having a differing opinion and daring to question her, she’s lost any respect that I had for her.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Ok..so , hi.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 You know we gotta have us a good windmill at least once a month but it’s all love.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:37 pm
Ok..so , hi.

Yeah, no. After the horrible things she’s said to me and the accusations she’s made, I in no way consider her family. I honestly didn’t have a problem with her until this post, and no I’m not just mad that she disagreed with me, lots of people who I respect disagree with me. I’d like to think she just had a bad day, but level of hypocrisy and attacking me for having a differing opinion and daring to question her, she’s lost any respect that I had for her.
Oli…why do you think I need your respect? Who are you?

Don’t slap people and tell them how hard to slap you back.

Bottom line, don’t call me a slut shamer if you’re not prepared for my response because you got what you asked for.
Locked Previous topicNext topic