Donald Trump dined with white nationalist, Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, I can do Trump one better. I got high with Harrison Ford.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:11 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:24 am
Francee89 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:23 am

Why would anyone be shocked that when they make plans with noted anti-Semite Kanye West, he might bring along someone similarly, if not more, disgusting? And if only Trump had a staff and security who could spend literal seconds on a public search engine to vet this person…

More amazing are the endless excuses for Trump his supporters come up with.
Why would someone be surprised that the Black guy showed up with the White supremacist?
Because that’s surprising…

Let’s not all act like Kanye West is all of the sudden predictable…
Racists with black “friends” is like the oldest trope in the book. What’s surprising about that? Is him being unpredictable not all the more reason to personally or have staff do a 30 second Google search on whatever random people he’s bringing by?

And again, that’s assuming you believe that he didn’t know who he was. As WellPreserved noted, he said the same thing about David Duke, when he absolutely knew who he was, and other GOP politicians have said the same thing about Fuentes after associating with him.

Still nothing from Trump denouncing Fuentes’ repulsive views now that he knows what they are.
Because Kanye wouldn’t be a racist with Black friends, he’d be a Black man who is a White suprematist.

Not super predictable there.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, shoot, Carpy! Start a thread and spill! 😊
Carpy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:46 am Well, I can do Trump one better. I got high with Harrison Ford.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:26 am The narrative reads a bit misleading and isn't placing enough ownership on Kanye West for the part that he played.

Trump shouldn't have invited Kanye West and West should not have invited Fuentes to stir up more shit because that part of this story is his fault.
There is a lot of crossover between AFPAC (Fuentes' organization), Turning Point (Charlie Kirk) and the House Freedom Caucus. It's almost impossible to be supportive of any of them without getting dirty.

But I agree with you on why in the world would Trump invite Ye who had just announced his candidacy two days prior with Milo Yiannopoulos as his campaign manager! IMO, he's trying to maintain his base which appears to be fracturing and is playing "all sides" in order to do so. He's kind of failing at it.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:11 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:11 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:24 am

Why would someone be surprised that the Black guy showed up with the White supremacist?
Because that’s surprising…

Let’s not all act like Kanye West is all of the sudden predictable…
Racists with black “friends” is like the oldest trope in the book. What’s surprising about that? Is him being unpredictable not all the more reason to personally or have staff do a 30 second Google search on whatever random people he’s bringing by?

And again, that’s assuming you believe that he didn’t know who he was. As WellPreserved noted, he said the same thing about David Duke, when he absolutely knew who he was, and other GOP politicians have said the same thing about Fuentes after associating with him.

Still nothing from Trump denouncing Fuentes’ repulsive views now that he knows what they are.
Because Kanye wouldn’t be a racist with Black friends, he’d be a Black man who is a White suprematist.

Not super predictable there.
No, he’s a person with abhorrent views hanging out with someone else who has abhorrent views. Pretty predictable.

Either way, that argument assumes Trump actually had no idea who he was, or would have cared and not had dinner with someone who flatters him because of those abhorrent views.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:46 am Well, I can do Trump one better. I got high with Harrison Ford.
Like Indiana Jones, Han Solo Harrison Ford?

Saying you can do one better just sounds like either of the men he had dinner with are impressive. You do Trump one better every day of the week not having dinner with these two men.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:33 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:26 am The narrative reads a bit misleading and isn't placing enough ownership on Kanye West for the part that he played.

Trump shouldn't have invited Kanye West and West should not have invited Fuentes to stir up more shit because that part of this story is his fault.
There is a lot of crossover between AFPAC (Fuentes' organization), Turning Point (Charlie Kirk) and the House Freedom Caucus. It's almost impossible to be supportive of any of them without getting dirty.

But I agree with you on why in the world would Trump invite Ye who had just announced his candidacy two days prior with Milo Yiannopoulos as his campaign manager! IMO, he's trying to maintain his base which appears to be fracturing and is playing "all sides" in order to do so. He's kind of failing at it.
10 years from now Trump will publish a book titled “How I single handed dismantled the GOP and built a “better” party”
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:18 pm Well, shoot, Carpy! Start a thread and spill! 😊
My brother was friends with him. He built his house and they hit it off.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:47 pm

Saying you can do one better just sounds like either of the men he had dinner with are impressive. You do Trump one better every day of the week not having dinner with these two men.
Yes, that Harrison. I was just being cocky lol.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:25 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:47 pm

Yes, that Harrison. I was just being cocky lol.
That is really super cool. He’s one person I don’t think I could meet and not fangirl over 😂.
Locked Previous topicNext topic