The Christian Right is winning cultural battles while public opinion disagrees

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"There's an influential minority of Americans who envision the United States as a Christian nation. Lately, this group has been making significant progress in its mission. Recent rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court reversing Roe v. Wade and protecting prayer in schools are chief among these victories.

These cultural wins for the Christian Right, though, are happening at a time when a growing majority of Americans are strongly opposed to their views.

"This is the most disproportionate power that the Christian Right has had in my lifetime," says Robert Jones, CEO and founder of the Public Religion Research Institute — a nonpartisan group that conducts research on the intersection of politics, culture and religion."

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is why my sons call religion a cult. I tried to discuss it but they won’t be swayed. And it’s too bad. But these leaders bring it upon themselves by being rigid, intolerant, and authoritative. No one wants to take it anymore. I can’t speak for Moses, Abraham or Mohammed. But honestly I believe Jesus would be appalled if He saw what we do in his name. I await the day He says “get away for truly I do not know you.”
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is the shit we're dealing with...
Attachments
dumb bitch 2.jpg
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lovely the way Deists get categorised as Christians, but only when convenient.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This thread really doesn’t talk about Deism. And no one is being mislabeled here. A person claiming that a multicultural country should be ruled by Christian values and beliefs is a Christian. Whether that person also shares Deist beliefs, that’s another thing. Any person who believes that Jesus was the Messiah (Greek word “Krystos”, meaning “anointed one”) is, by definition a CHRISTian. Deists can be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Agmostics or simply just follow Deism itself.
Aletheia wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:23 pm Lovely the way Deists get categorised as Christians, but only when convenient.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:23 pm Lovely the way Deists get categorised as Christians, but only when convenient.
Maybe someone should let Lauren Witzkey know?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:06 pm This thread really doesn’t talk about Deism.
I was responding to the "We are a Christian nation, founded by Christians."

Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen and Thomas Paine might disagree.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I guess it's too much to put the onus on the moderate right. The majority of conservatives are pro choice. But amongst the people I know who are conservatives, I don't see ANY of them speaking out about the organizations and elected officials who are calling for bans on contraceptives. All I see are posts denying that is even happing.

I suppose it is too much when the libs struggle to hold their own party members accountable. There was a story on Fox news yesterday about a Dem calling out Biden. That gave me a bit of hope. It's just so rare to see anyone from any party holding their own party accountable.

Everyone should be concerned about the far right wanting us to go back to medieval times.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:49 pm I guess it's too much to put the onus on the moderate right. The majority of conservatives are pro choice. But amongst the people I know who are conservatives, I don't see ANY of them speaking out about the organizations and elected officials who are calling for bans on contraceptives. All I see are posts denying that is even happing.

I suppose it is too much when the libs struggle to hold their own party members accountable. There was a story on Fox news yesterday about a Dem calling out Biden. That gave me a bit of hope. It's just so rare to see anyone from any party holding their own party accountable.

Everyone should be concerned about the far right wanting us to go back to medieval times.
They should all be calling out a president whenever needed and never let up. Otherwise nothing gets done.
Locked Previous topicNext topic