Trump lunged at Secret Service agent who said he couldn't go to Capitol on January 6: aide

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:15 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:06 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:06 pm

Hmm, maybe that’s because this post was centered and titled on the F***ing denial part, so I was sticking to the topic. I have not heard any SS testimony. For the most part I’ve been ignoring the hearings. I haven’t disputed that Trump was furious or shouting. What exactly do you think I am ignoring?
That’s the problem. Trump supporters are not watching but they jump on an issue that doesn’t take anything away from the hearings.

There are so many videos, text messages, emails and first hand testimony that verify what happened that day.

Instead of wondering if she’s lying, even though you didn’t watch her testimony, you should watch it.
Maybe if it was a bipartisan committee there might be some more interest.
Welcome to what a Grand Jury investigation looks like. Justice in the making.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hmm, maybe that’s because this post was centered and titled on the F***ing denial part, so I was sticking to the topic. I have not heard any SS testimony. For the most part I’ve been ignoring the hearings. I haven’t disputed that Trump was furious or shouting. What exactly do you think I am ignoring?
That’s the problem. Trump supporters are not watching but they jump on an issue that doesn’t take anything away from the hearings.

There are so many videos, text messages, emails and first hand testimony that verify what happened that day.

Instead of wondering if she’s lying, even though you didn’t watch her testimony, you should watch it.
It is bipartisan. Unless your definition of Republican is someone who displays total fealty to Trump, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are very much Republicans.

Not to mention, it was Senate Republicans that blocked an independent, 9/11 Commission style investigation, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57272756.amp followed by Kevin McCarthy removing every other Republican from the Committee. There doesn’t seem to be any evidence Republicans were interested in a a totally independent and bipartisan fact finding mission when that was voted down by Senate Republicans and by the House GOP, seemingly because such a thing would’ve upset Donald.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:03 pm

It is bipartisan. Unless your definition of Republican is someone who displays total fealty to Trump, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are very much Republicans.

Not to mention, it was Senate Republicans that blocked an independent, 9/11 Commission style investigation, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57272756.amp followed by Kevin McCarthy removing every other Republican from the Committee. There doesn’t seem to be any evidence Republicans were interested in a a totally independent and bipartisan fact finding mission when that was voted down by Senate Republicans and by the House GOP, seemingly because such a thing would’ve upset Donald.
Wow! You call it bipartisan because there are 2 whole republicans on it? Ones that voted for impeachment. LMAO!

There’s a really cute picture of Liz Cheney hugging Hutchison after the committee finished.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Precisely how I feel.

I'm not a "Trump supporter" and I've been a registered Independent for a few years now.

Once I had read that Liz Cheney would be a part of the committee, my interest tuned out with exception to the occasional story about it.

If Trump played dirty, he needs to be caught and dealt with. However, this committee doing the investigation needs a more bipartisan approach and to stop allowing secondhand accounts.

Otherwise, I really don't care anymore.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:35 pm

Wow! You call it bipartisan because there are 2 whole republicans on it? Ones that voted for impeachment. LMAO!

There’s a really cute picture of Liz Cheney hugging Hutchison after the committee finished.
Lol, yes, it is (by definition) bipartisan when there are members of the two parties on serving it. And again, there could have been more Republicans on it, but Kevin McCarthy - who once claimed Trump bore responsibility for January 6th, but backtracked the moment Donald got mad at him - chose to remove them, after first opposing a much more independent commission. And we’re supposed to believe him, and the majority of other elected and non-elected Republicans, genuinely wanted or would’ve respected any sort of investigation at all? To borrow your phrasing - Wow, LMAO!

There’s lots of absolutely adorable pictures of Republicans who voted to block an independent commission investigating January 6th with Trump in months after January 2021 floating around.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:11 pm

Lol, yes, it is (by definition) bipartisan when there are members of the two parties on serving it. And again, there could have been more Republicans on it, but Kevin McCarthy - who once claimed Trump bore responsibility for January 6th, but backtracked the moment Donald got mad at him - chose to remove them, after first opposing a much more independent commission. And we’re supposed to believe him, and the majority of other elected and non-elected Republicans, genuinely wanted or would’ve respected any sort of investigation at all? To borrow your phrasing - Wow, LMAO!

There’s lots of absolutely adorable pictures of Republicans who voted to block an independent commission investigating January 6th with Trump in months after January 2021 floating around.
McCarthy removed his picks after Nancy refused to seat 2 of his 5. So it would have been 7 democrats, and 5 republicans 2 of which voted with the democrats for impeachment. Gee, sounds fair to me.

The only bipartisan part of the committee is the 2 republicans who hate Trump voting in lockstep with the democrats. It may loosely fit the definition, but it doesn’t pass the smell test.

I guess you would think 7 republicans plus Manchin and Sinema on a committee investigating a democrat to be completely bipartisan.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:24 am
Francee89 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:11 pm

McCarthy removed his picks after Nancy refused to seat 2 of his 5. So it would have been 7 democrats, and 5 republicans 2 of which voted with the democrats for impeachment. Gee, sounds fair to me.

The only bipartisan part of the committee is the 2 republicans who hate Trump voting in lockstep with the democrats. It may loosely fit the definition, but it doesn’t pass the smell test.

I guess you would think 7 republicans plus Manchin and Sinema on a committee investigating a democrat to be completely bipartisan.
Kevin could have replaced his picks with other Republicans rather than removing all of his original picks because 2 were rejected. He didn’t, because contrary to your original claim, Republicans had no interest in any sort of investigation of Trump.

It absolutely fits the definition. And if the Democrats 1) blocked a totally independent Commission then, 2) removed all their original picks because two were rejected, leaving only Manchin and Sinema by their own choice, I’d suspect they simply didn’t want any kind of investigation whatsoever, and that any whining about the format composition of the Committee, created through their own decisions, was as full of shit as the whining about it in this case is.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Accounts of Trump angrily demanding to go to Capitol on January 6 circulated in Secret Service over past year

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/politics ... index.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:34 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:12 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:39 pm

Even FOX says so.

But FOX is getting kinda RINO, I guess.
I am so sorry for your comprehension problems. My remarks were about her testimony about the steering wheel and lunging at an agent. I am done trying to make you understand that, it seems to be too hard. I have not said I didn’t believe he wasn’t furious or shouting. Was he? Only those PRESENT know. Hutchinson has been discredited in part of her testimony, do I believe her on everything? Nope. Some may be truthful but she was not there for everything.

Have a nice night.
All you've done is stay focused on the denial part. You have continuously ignored what the SECRET SERVICE has said.

I'm beginning to understand that term MAGAts. You too.
You can call me the same
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like similar stories had been circulating around the WH for a while...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/politics ... index.html
Locked Previous topicNext topic